Preference 1: How You Met

Preference 1: How you two met. This is my first preference, so I might be very bad at this. Hope you guys enjoy, and let me know what you think! (Disclaimer, if you want the wolves or the Volturi, let me know in the world of comments, and I'll get on it! Stay beautiful, my lovelies!!!!)

Edited by the fantastic @KateHP! Go check out her work, she's amazing and so sweet and kind and just a great person!

Re-edited by me as of July 1, 2021! I hope you all like this version of my very first ever preference, and any feedback you have is greatly appreciated! :) I will also be editing the entire book after this new preference gets published, so stay tuned for more edited parts of this story, lovely readers! It'll take me some time to get through every oneshot and preference, but I shall edit them all and make them as good as I can be for your faces to read and enjoy! Now, Imma shut up, and let's get back to the story we all know and love! :) :D

Edward: It was your first day at Forks High School and you were in biology class with the weird boy from a few days ago. The last time you'd spoken to the aforementioned weird boy, he didn't speak or look at you at all when you tried to talk to him. Was it something you'd done? Or was it something physical about you? You had no idea, but what you did know was whatever you'd done, something your lab partner did during the day you'd first met him made you wonder something. He hadn't said anything, so you assumed that he hated you, until he looked at you and spoke.

He said out of the blue while you were pondering what could've caused him to hate you when he didn't know you at all, "Hello."

You looked at him as if he were a weirdo; he hadn't talked to you ever after you sat next to him in your biology class! So why in the world was he talking to you now? And why were you happy that he'd spoken to you when you were fine with him not speaking to you? Something inside you told you this boy would mean a lot to you in the future, but at the moment when you heard him speak, what you did know was that you wanted to hear more of his voice. You looked at him with one eyebrow slightly raised and said, "Hello."

He smiled and said in his amazing accent that had your heart racing and turned your knees to jelly, "I'm sorry for not talking last week when we met. My name is Edward Cullen. It's a pleasure to meet you."

You smiled sheepishly at his outstretched hand when you registered what he was trying to do and stuttered, "I-I'm Y/N."

He smiled at you with his right hand outstretched, which you didn't think would happen, and said, "That's a lovely name, Y/N." Your heart raced somehow at how much you wanted to make Edward happy and you were normally never like that with boys. Sometimes, you'd blush around boys when they were obviously flirting with you and that was when you realized when boys flirted with you. However, this time around, you couldn't tell if Edward Cullen was flirting with you, and that intrigued you more than ever before. You wanted to get to know him better, and maybe figure out if he'd been flirting with you today during class or not.

Jasper: You were walking through the woods after a fight with your dad. He had yelled at you and called you names no woman wants to be called and should be called, and you couldn't take it anymore. You had had it up to your forehead with your dad and you were determined to get out of that house regardless of what time of day it was or how the weather would have looked like outside; you just wanted to be gone from the house and you knew you would make it happen. You were walking through the woods fuming when you heard an animal-like growl coming from behind you. You turned around and yelled, "Hello? Is anyone there?"

No one answered except for that same menacing growl from before, but it sounded like it was now in front of you instead of behind you; this made your adrenalin kick in and you wanted out of the woods sooner rather than later. You didn't think about whatever was following you to almost kill you as you ran for your life towards potential civilization, since you were bad at directions and already lost, only to stumble upon a massive house in the middle of nowhere.