Marcus x Female Reader Songfic Request

This long-overdue request is for the lovely cadenza2005, I hope you like it and I'm so sorry it took me forever to write this! Also this is my first songfic, so I apologize if this is bad in any way! Listen to the song at the top of the request while you read this story; I'm unsure how long this story will be, so bear with me, lovely readers. Now, I've talked long enough, so let's get to the story!

Also this oneshot has not been edited yet, so apologies for any grammar mistakes or story inaccuracies! This note will be gone when this story has been revised again.

Y/N's POV

I fiddled with the overskirt of my cream-colored dress and stared into the full-length mirror Lord Aro had put in my bedroom when Papa turned me on my eighteenth birthday. I never thought that I would get to have this kind of love for anyone other than Papa, but when I met the other Volturi as a child, Demetri stuck out to me in more ways than one; he was the person who completed me. Sighing at the first memory I had of Demetri, the door behind me opened and a voice I loved hearing said, "You look gorgeous, my daughter! Even if you are not of my blood, you will always be my daughter."

I couldn't blush because my skin was the color of porcelain, but I did smile sheepishly and said, "Papa, you're flattering me. Maybe save all that for your toast at the end of the night." Papa, or Marcus Volturi for those who did not want to guess, chuckled and I watched him step closer to me in the room, shutting my bedroom door behind him. I beamed at him through the mirror and stated, "Today, I start a new life with the vampire I love and Lord Aro can't do anything about it."

"He never could when you were around me, Y/N. I made sure you never had to go through what I went through again, and I could never see you be hurt like I was." Papa's hands came to my shoulders as he watched my red eyes in the mirror. I sometimes had the standard black eyes from not feeding enough, but I wasn't going to let my wedding be ruined by me being hangry! I placed a hand on one of Papa's hands and he adds, "And I'm here to tell you that Caius is going to walk you down the aisle with me. Aro wanted to, but I told him otherwise so Demetri didn't kill him."

I let out a breath I had no clue I was holding in at the mere thought of having Lord Caius walk me down the aisle instead of Lord Aro, let alone Lord Aro even suggesting that he walk me down the aisle with Papa! Why would he do that when he and I both knew I hated him more than my own immortal life after I first turned?! At this revelation, my head whipped around and I asked, "Why would Lord Aro want to walk me down the aisle to Demetri when he'd been against it since the moment I came into the palace?"

Papa shrugged and replied, "He probably wanted to make up for how he treated you when you were first brought here and I tried to protect you. But when I saw Demetri try to kill him, I stepped in and said he could not. I will not have my daughter's special day be ruined by that vampire and his vanity."

"Papa, you're a vampire and we'll have to be here after the wedding. Are you sure Lord Aro's going to let this one slide?" Fear wasn't normally an emotion I needed to deal with since immortality takes that away, but Lord Aro brought that out in me and I never thought about it. That fear of not having food when I was human must've turned into the fear of Lord Aro killing me and Demetri.

Papa nodded and I heard the doorknob turning and another voice ask, "Marcus, are you done? We have to get Y/N and Demetri married so they can calm down with their 'fuck-me' eyes." That was Lord Caius, and I found myself chuckling at his very true comment; I did look at Demetri with the eyes of someone who wants to rip his clothes off and I'm fine with that. Lord Caius poked his bleach-blonde head into my room and asked, "You ready to get married, Y/N?"

I nodded, beamed at him, and said while squeezing Papa's hand, "I'm as ready as I was when Papa brought me to the side of immortality. Let's get me hitched!" Caius and Papa laughed and I felt the room spin around me as I'd been told to not move too much other than getting ready while the vampires around me sped around to make sure everything went off without a hitch. That was rather odd to me as I liked speeding through the Volterra halls without a care in the world, so I had a very hard time stopping myself from just running for my mate at the first chance I got. Somehow, Papa's eyes met mine and I saw something in them I hadn't seen in decades. I got closer to him and asked, "Are you alright, Papa? What're you thinking?"

He took my outstretched hand, squeezed it, and told me, "Nothing's wrong, my daughter. I'm just trying to memorize what you look like right now since I don't know when I'll get to feel this kind of love again." I smiled at him, caressed his cheeks, and he leaned into my touch without caring about the world around us. But I knew Papa had more to say to me as his eyes never left mine and I couldn't bring myself to let his gaze go either. I raised an eyebrow at him and Papa finally said, "You just look so beautiful in white." I giggled, he smiled while taking my hand off of his cheek, and the two of us followed Lord Caius out of my room to the next chapter of my immortal life with Demetri that I was so ready for.

A/N: This was actually really fun to write, and I hope you like it! I may do more songfics in the future, so keep your eyes peeled for those if you like this one; I've done ones similar to pure songfics, but I hadn't done a fanfic based purely around a song to my knowledge-someone can correct me in comments or DM me with the correction if they know it. And I had to add the song title in the oneshot somewhere, so the italics is where I put it. Now, I'm going to shut up, and get back to working on more oneshots and preferences for you all, my lovely readers! Until the next update, I hope you like this one, and ta-ta for now! :) :D

-T-Lizzo