Preference 17: You Guys Make Up

Again, a request from the lovely @KateHP, hope you enjoy! And again, this will be long, bear with me. On with the story! :) :D

This preference has been edited by me! I hope you love it, and I apologize in advance for the length if it's very long! There will be more coming very soon, so stay tuned for more of those! Now, let's get to the story! :) :D

The Cullens

Edward: You hadn't seen Edward all weekend, which was odd since he always apologized to you by this point. When you hadn't seen or heard from Edward on both Saturday and Sunday, you were honestly very thrown off. You got to school that Monday morning via the bus, even though Alice was texting you the entire weekend asking if you wanted her to give you a ride. You'd repeatedly declined, but you found her sitting on the school's front steps on Monday. You sighed and asked, "You just can't take a hint, can you, Alice?"

She shook her head and said, "I can't do that when my brother misses the love of his life to the point of not fixing things because he's an asshole." You stared at her, not fully believing what she'd just said. Alice saw your distrust of what she'd said and explained, "Edward didn't feed with us this whole weekend. He also won't shut up about your relationship because he misses you so much.At least talk to him."

You told her, "All I can say is I'll think about it. Edward really insulted me by basically telling me I couldn't love both him and my childhood friend, Alice. I know I overreacted, but I also know I was in the right and Edward was in both the right and wrong."

Alice held your shoulders to stop them from shaking and said, "I do understand, Y/N. But you also have to understand what Edward went through when he saw how you act around Jacob. He's never had what you two have, and it killed him when he thought he'd lose you. He couldn't even come to school today because he didn't want to think about you potentially never forgiving him."

At hearing what Alice just told you, your mind was racing. Edward didn't come into school because of you? Did you hurt him that badly? Instead of walking home that afternoon, you stood outside the school waiting for one of the other Cullens to enter the parking lot and head to their car. You knew you had to talk to Edward about what happened, and this was going to be your ticket to doing that-at least, you hoped it would be. When Emmet walked by you, you grabbed his shoulder and said, "Hey, Emmet. Can you give me a ride?"

Emmet nodded and answered, "Sure, Y/N. Where am I taking you to?" When you didn't say anything, he asked again, "You're seriously going to go talk to him now?"

You nodded and answered, "I guess now's as good a time as any to talk to him. I owe him that much, Emmett. And you know I don't go back on my word once I say I'm doing something."

Emmet nodded and the two of you got into his Volvo, silently driving to the Cullen house. When his car stops in front of the Cullen house, your heart started racing. Emmet looked at you, and you said, "I didn't think about how I'd talk to Edward when I got here. So I may need your help with that."

He looked at where Edward was emerging onto the front porch and said, "You better think of something soon, because Edward's coming this way."

You inhaled and got out of the Volvo, muttering something positive to yourself and gripping your backpack to your shoulder. Once you were finally out, you slowly made your way up to the deck toward Edward, your heart in your throat and showing no signs of leaving. You stared into Edward's black eyes when you stood before him and said, "Hi, Edward."

He stared at you, not fully believing you were in front of him. After about fifteen minutes of silence, he said, "I don't know how to begin to apologize for what I did to you. I talked with Jacob this past weekend, which was why I wasn't with you. I wanted to hear his side of the story before apologizing."