Preference 6: How You Hug

Edited by me as of today! I hope you all are doing well and like this updated preference-more is on the way! I plan to at least try to update the preference after this one today as well and get that uploaded today as a return to form after my mini vacation a few weeks ago. I will also be updating my other books hopefully soon, so keep your eyes peeled for those updates as they come! And now, Imma shut up, and let's get to it! :) :D

Edward: Being a vampire, Edward's always afraid of breaking you or potentially drinking your blood if he tries to hug you. But if you were sad, he was perfectly fine with killing whoever upset or hurt you. You, not being one for violence, figured the only way to stop Edward was to engage in hug attack mode. And that's exactly what you did whenever he got mad; you'd somehow yank him into your chest and hug him as tightly as you could, keeping his eyes and nose trained on you. He'd understand at that moment that you didn't want him to carry out what he was planning to do. So, he'd gently and slowly wrap his strong arms around you and caress your back to distract you from what could've happened. He did this to reassure you that he wouldn't kill anyone and he also wouldn't ever leave you alone anytime soon.

Jasper: Being the newest "vegetarian" vampire had its downsides, and hugging was one of the big ones. Jasper rarely ever hugged you because he was afraid of ripping your throat out in a blind hunger rage. You'd tried to reassure him that wouldn't happen multiple times, but he was adamant about that one thing. Whenever he'd see you sad, he'd pat your shoulders and tell you it was alright and would continue to be alright. When he did hug you, it surprised you since he only did it when he was angry. When he was upset, which wasn't that often, he'd wrap his arms around your waist, pulling you into his chest and hiding in your hair. Since he normally didn't do things like that apart from holding your hand during the day, you'd normally start when you felt his strong, cold arms wrap around your waist and his face inside your hair. If you ever wanted to ask what was wrong, you'd stop when you felt those same arms squeezing your waist gently; that was Jasper's silent way of asking you to let him tell you when he was ready. You normally smiled at that point and let him cuddle you both because you knew that was what he wanted and you always loved his cuddles.

Emmett: When would Emmett not hug you? Even though he was a vampire and could kill anyone he wanted, Emmett was a massively strong teddy bear who loved his cuddles at all times of the day, especially in the mornings. He'd look into your window every morning and see your sleeping frame huddled underneath your quilt and bedding and smile. Then, with the grace of a bull in a china shop, he'd carefully climb into your room and lay behind you, gently tugging you into his chest so as to not wake you. When you'd finally wake up from a rather amazing dream that included Emmett sans clothing, you'd find yourself in Emmett's arms and one of his large hands petting your (h/c) hair soothingly. You never minded waking up like this, however; he was your huggable Emmett and you wouldn't have it any other way.

Carlisle: Hugging Carlisle was something you treasured after a long day of working with patients. You'd go home to the Cullen mansion after a long day and find Carlisle cooking something delicious in the kitchen while watching the small TV; he normally only cooked either when you had a stressful day or date nights. So when you smelled the delicious food he was preparing, you'd try to stealthily go up behind him and attack him in a hug. This was hard to do since he had superhuman hearing, but that never stopped you from trying! When you stood two feet from Carlisle, he'd wrap his arm around your waist, pull you into his side, and tell you what he was making-er, attempting to make-for dinner. Usually, it was one of your favorite dishes, and as soon as you heard the dish's name, you'd smile like a kid at Christmas getting their favorite toy and giggle into Carlisle's side. You and he both loved these hugs because Carlisle could feel your kisses on his cold skin through whatever shirt he was wearing, or lack thereof if monkey business happened before food was cooked. And you both wouldn't have it any other way.