Preference #25- How you surprise them

This preference was requested by my brain to write for you all and I hope you like it! This preference may be very long when I finish it, so be advised when going into this preference. Now, let's begin!

This preference hasn't been edited yet, so this note will remain here until I sit down to edit this preference, lovely readers! Now, let's get down to business!

The Cullens

Edward Cullen- Since he's a mind-reader, Edward Cullen doesn't get surprised very easily. Rather, he's usually the one who does the surprising. However, there have been times where you've gotten the drop on him and actually managed to surprise the telepath; this usually required help, but you weren't one to say no to help when it was given. Usually, you got help from Rosalie and Alice to plan a date for you and Edward, and when they helped you, you had a hard time telling them to keep their minds blank for Edward. But, when you did manage to surprise your vampire, he was a silent, smiling mess and usually never let you go for anything while you two were on your date. You never questioned when this happened and you loved every minute of your date together.

Jasper Hale- Kind of like Edward Cullen, Jasper was hard for you to surprise in that he normally figured out what you were doing long before you even planned the surprise. However, you always managed to surprise him on the anniversary of when he turned into a vampire. You managed to figure out the exact date of when your man was turned, and on that day, you'd spend it with Jasper doing all the human things he loved to do. These things normally included you cuddling watching some children's cartoons-they didn't exist when Jasper was a child and he loved them! But there were times where Jasper wanted to take you out to lunch in La Push, which was unheard of because of the werewolves on the property, but you'd manage to make it work and not have an interspecies incident while doing so, which you loved.

Emmett Cullen- You always surprised Emmett mainly due to him not thinking you had anything to surprise him with. However, whenever your anniversary arrived, the surprises came in the form of pranks you'd pull on each other. Emmett's a jokester at heart, so this was normal for you two to be doing on the day of love. One of your most favorite pranks was the infamous Viagra prank in Emmett's blood, which worked surprisingly well considering Emmett was immortal. The aftermath of this prank was a very long night of lovemaking in Emmett's room and Emmett managed to get you back a few days later after he recovered from your prank by doing the exact same thing to you. Even though you were beyond angry with him for pranking you with the same prank, you loved your vampiric teddy bear all the same and wouldn't have it any other way.

Carlisle Cullen- You try to not surprise Carlisle on account of both the fact that he's a vampire and you normally don't know how to surprise him. But, on the very rare occasions you do surprise him, you usually try to dress up when going to work. You'd sleep over at Kristina's place and try to not stress out over the fact that you'd hopefully succeed in surprising your man at work with a rather low-cut dress showing the right amount of cleavage and black Louis Vuitton heels. Your makeup was simple enough to not draw away from your outfit, much to Kristina's dismay, and your hair was pin-straight. Kristina decided to drive you to work that morning and when you arrived, Carlisle was also arriving at the hospital; perfect timing! You got out of Kristina's car, smiled sheepishly at Carlisle when he gawked at you, and waved at him while also heading toward your vampire. Let's just say that once Carlisle saw you, you two beelined to his office and weren't able to make your morning rounds.

The Volturi

Aro Volturi- Since his power allows for him to read one's mind just with a touch of his hands, you had to basically ban him from holding your hand if you wanted to surprise him. And that was easier said than done where he was concerned if you told him you wanted him to stop holding your hand; Aro always tried to hold your hand regardless of what you told him. If you couldn't stop your vampire from holding your hand-this was usually the case-you tried to think of nothing at all other than how much you loved him and not your surprise. This was usually futile and Aro would figure out what you were planning, but he'd always act surprised when you did surprise him because he didn't want you to feel bad about failing to surprise him. You usually figured out when he knew what your surprise was, but you didn't mind because you loved him all the same.