11. Ambush

Here's to another chapter and to the hopes that 2021 will be a better year.

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

-Asmara

"Dad!" I'm out of breath by the time I'm standing in front of my dad and his generals. As soon as I felt better, I ran from Reagan's arms and came straight here to warn him.

I can hear Reagan's harsh breathing coming from behind me after following me here. He's still struggling with the absence of his wolf which explains why he's so tired from running.

"Woah, what's wrong?" My Dad is alarmed by my harsh breathing and the panic in my eyes. He walks closer to me, Rylan and Hunter unsure of what's going on.

"I-...I had a vision." I manage to get out through hard breathing.

My Dad's features immediately shift, asking, "What did you see?"

I can barely get out another word when howls interrupt me, loud and clear, sending a chill right through my body. The howls cause my Dad and everyone else to become on edge, the younger Wolven's frightened as they've never encountered rogues before.

I rush, "We're being attacked by rogues."

It didn't have to be said, it's clear we're being attacked but I thought it would help everyone overcome their initial shock.

Thankfully it worked.

People snap into action, the trained Wolven's preparing themselves for a fight whilst a few females take the younger ones away from the area in groups. Rylan is at my dad's side, "It will be a while for reinforcements to show up, I've already informed Titan and Alivia about the attack."

"Did Alivia reply?" My Dad's respect for my Mother shows in his question. He wants to know what my mum is planning to do and if she'll want to be involved in the situation.

"She's on her way to you but she had clear instructions to have Asmara sent home immediately."

Only me?!

"No!" I snap, determined to stay and help, "My place is here."

My Father is at conflict with himself before stating, "I won't disobey your Mother's wish, Asmara,"

"But-"

"Enough!" He snarls, causing me to jump. "You don't have a wolf and you are not prepared for a fight like this. I'm not going to risk your life just because you want to prove others wrong. Accept your weaknesses." The anger in his eyes is enough to make my nose sting and my eyes water as Rylan, Hunter and Reagan watch, all of them just as shocked as me.

My Dad's eyes soften the tiniest bit when he sees the pain in my eyes caused by his outburst. He sighs heavily and then his eyes snap to Reagan, "You're in charge of getting Asmara home."

"Yes, your highness." Reagan nods his head, my Dad sparing me only a quick glance before he's running and shifting mid air into his black wolf. Rylan and Hunter follow suit, leaving me angry and upset. My eyes remain plastered on the spot where my Dad was just before he disappeared behind the trees. How could he snap at me like that?