9. The Training Tournament

This chapter is packed with action I hope you'll enjoy!

Asmara: 18
Wyatt: 16
Reagan:19
Cammie:21

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

A dark, husky voice calls to me in my dream. They call out to me every night, the one place that made me feel safe continues to take me away even though there's nothing to be afraid of.

Come to me, Princess.

"I can't, I don't know where you are!" I call out, unable to see anything but darkness.

I can only see bits and pieces vividly, brown eyes staring at me with love and desire. A hand brushes over mine, warming my skin and sending a dark, sexual pulse to that sensitive place between my thighs.

I...need you.

"Where are you?" I plead, wanting to go to them.

Asmara...

I continue to turn in one spot, the darkness growing as the voice and presence of an unknown man disappear.

Asmara...

I feel someone shaking me, my eyes snapping open to stare up into dark green. "Asmara?" Reagan appears concerned, no longer shaking me awake as he holds me in his arms on my bed.

I groggily sit up, the light from the rising sun painful to my sensitive eyes. Reagan sits up with me, reporting, "You were talking in your sleep again."

I wipe the sweat from my forehead, a slight ache forming at the base of my skull. I used to find comfort in those dreams but now they feel more like torture, a dark temptation that pulls to me, begging for me to go to them. It's absurd to chase a person who doesn't exist, I only created him to protect me from Owen and now that Owen can no longer hurt me, I don't need him anymore.

Right?

"It was just a bad dream." I lie, not wanting Reagan to know that I'm having sexual fantasies about an unknown man. He isn't real so Reagan doesn't need to know.

Reagan holds me close to him and I wrap my arms around him, resting my head just beneath his chin. He mutters softly, "You don't have to take part today if you're not up for it."

"No," I shake my head, assuring him I'm fine, "It'll be good for me and besides, I need more training than anyone else here."

Reagan arches a concerned brow, "If your sure."

"I am."

Today is the big event. A grand training experience put together by my father and his generals.

The game is simple.

There will be two teams of thirty wolvens. Each team will have their own territory on separate sides of the forrest. Using our skills and talents, we must keep our territories safe from any intrusions whilst we send out one Wolven to break into the other teams territory and fight the warrior who stands in the centre of that territory.