51. Let Me Tell You My Truth, Torben

Enjoy the update!

✨🌘✨

— Torben

Adrenous swallowed up the distance between that make-shift throne and the table. He pulled out a chair for himself, directly opposite me, putting us face to face.

One of his generals, a tall, tanned male with dark hair on his head and face walked to Adrenous' side of the table and placed down a pile of papers. His eyes never left me and when he stood straight from beside Adrenous, I could see the restrained fury in his grey eyes. The fury only a well-trained fighter could learn to control.

"Don't mind, Titan. He just hates you because you have his children locked away." Adrenous leaned back in his chair, saying that sentence like it was no big deal even though and it was the complete opposite.

Was that supposed to scare me more?

I looked directly at Titan and said, "Your children are safe and will be let go once these matters are resolved."

I spoke with a genuine sincerity but even that wasn't going to ease the worry of a very angry father. Instead, his eyes hardened. "Then you best hope they are resolved by tonight." Titan gave Adrenous a tight farewell look before stalking off.

I'd been threatened before. He'd have to do much worse if he wanted me to panic.

I gestured to the documents Adrenous began to examine. All twenty pages of them. "Are those your terms and conditions written down?"

Adrenous glanced up and smirked with a glint in his eye, noticing how I had nothing in front of me. "Yes, I thought it best to prepare, didn't you?"

I grinned in response to that arrogant smirk on his face. "I did actually."

Bring in the documents, please.

Adrenous' head turned towards the entrance behind me, seeing Felice walk in with two handfuls of papers, gently wrapped in cloth. At least a hundred pages worth. Felice placed them in front of me, Adrenous watching us warily.

"Thanks, Felice. That will be all." Adrenous watched Felice leave the room, clearly not taken by him.

I carefully removed the cloth and pulled out my papers. "It appears great minds think alike." My eyes flashed with triumph and the look on his face made me want to laugh. He should have known underestimating me would be a fool's mistake. "Shall we start?" I asked, unable to keep the amusement from my voice.

"Yes," Adrenous almost growled. His temper was slipping. "I'd like to hear yours first. What do you wish to gain from this alliance?"

"You already know my first one, the most important when it comes to protecting my mate and your daughter."

Adrenous rubbed his neck, then those crimson eyes lifted to meet my stare. "Going to war will be a hardship for my pack and people, but for my daughter, you'll have my absolute assistance in this. Men, supplies will be offered, and I demand to fight and lead, too. Draven did things to Alivia and Asmara that I could never forgive and if this will rid him of this earth then so be it." Adrenous' eyes flashed such a dark red. I had never seen that colour in Asmara's own, but her father was a frightening beast when he wanted to be.

Becoming his ally would be handy indeed.

I assumed this would be something I'd struggle to convince him on but his love for his daughter and the anger he harboured towards Draven was a force that dictated his choice.