27. A Gift Worthy Of A Luna

A Friday update as promised!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

"Where are we going?"

It's been two weeks since Torben gave the announcement about our union to the pack and since then, they've all treated me fairly, some less respectful than others but I can live with not being fully accepted by everyone.

Even though life here had become a little more bearable, I still yearned for home. I had found myself wondering many times how my father would take the news once he comes to learn what I've agreed to. How I've given my freedom and life to his enemy in order to keep them all safe.

Torben will wait until after our union to announce it to my family and seek out an alliance. The decision was mine because I don't want my father to ruin any chance at peace or risk my home and all those that I love by declaring war to get me back. At least if it's already been done, he won't have a choice of having me back.

I can imagine he will yell at me for hours about how foolish I have been but I don't care. Not as long as it is all worth it in the end.

But the person I worry about more than my father is Reagan. Reagan was beyond heartbroken when I left. How will he fare when he learns I'm mated to another? That our relationship and love was doomed before it even began?

To distract me from those heartbreaking thoughts, I busied myself and It had been nice exploring the pack and grounds without the worry of being treated like a prisoner or their enemy.

It had allowed me and Aicha to spend our time doing whatever we felt like. I had mostly decided to train after weeks of not doing so. I had slowly noticed that I had lost weight and some muscle mass so training again would help me get it back. And Aicha was more than willing to help, challenging me with weapons, her claws and even her fully shifted wolf.

Aicha's wolf reached my height on all four legs and she was gorgeous. Dark hair that was long but even longer on her stomach and neck. Her paws were lighter than the rest of her fur, a lighter, more golden brown.

I had only a minute, if not seconds, to admire her wolf before she ran at me, teeth bared and deadly amusement in her dark eyes. Amusement at the helpless and shiftless female pray who had struggled to get out of her path. Without silver, without claws and without a weapon that she had supposedly 'forgotten' to give me, I was fucked.

Fair enough, I was stronger with my wolf now connected with my being, but I wasn't used to that strength. I had no clue how to use it, or even when to use it. I hadn't mastered my increased sight or listening either. They had both been more of a distraction than any actual help against a grinning wolf who enjoyed playing with me, alerting me to noises that weren't a threat— birds flying above us or deer running through the woods— anything but the wolf I was mean to focus on.

I knew I had a whole arsenal of power at my disposal if I chose to use it but I was afraid of even attempting to. It had only been the last few days that I was beginning to sense Raven's powers bubbling beneath my skin, wanting to explode into unimaginable chaos which was why I was so afraid to use it. I could feel its strength, so powerful and deadly that for a moment I wondered if I should use it against everyone here and leave...

But that wasn't me. I wasn't evil and after weeks of getting to know the individual rogues, I learned that they weren't all as evil as books on them suggested— as my parents suggested.

I wasn't willing to send out a magical beacon that would attract Draven to me either. And Raven had warned me to only use them when I really needed them.