64. Taking Back What Was Stolen

Again apologies for the delay. This chapter isn't finalised and will be restructured, edited etc when it comes to editing the whole book.
Thank you!

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Torben

    "ASMARA!" I screamed as she fell hard against the muddy ground, her blood slowly staining the dagger still stuck inside her stomach.

    My wolf howled in devastation, my soul shattering to pieces at the sight of her slowly dying. I could feel it everywhere. In my bones and in the air. Her pain smothered me, suffocating my lungs.

    Her power released me as she cried out, tears falling down her pale face, leached of its colour. I crawled towards her, bringing her head into my lap. "No, no..." It should have been me. I was prepared to make that sacrifice for her but instead, she sacrificed herself.

    Alivia screamed, her power smothering the flames as she fought harder to get to her daughter. Adrenous turned into a shadowed beast, trying hard to get through but the flames were still too thick.

    Desperation, heartbreak and panic filled everyone right to their core. A fire in them was slowly brewing, wanting Alijah/Draven to succumb to all kinds of torture.

    In the distance, Alijah/Draven burst out with laughter. "Ah, this is too good. I thought she might fight the compulsion so when I handed her the dagger, I made sure it was engraved so it'd consume her powers."

    My eyes went to the dagger, and he was right. It was engraved, sucking away all of the power Raven had ever given her. I fought the urge to remove it. I couldn't when I had no way to stop her from bleeding out.

    "You knew she was going to stab herself!" My voice didn't sound like my own. It was broken and beyond desperate.

    Alijah/Draven stalked forward like he had all the time in the world. "Your bond is strong. I would have been a fool if I thought she'd really kill you, even with the compulsion. But you both put on a beautiful show. It almost brought me to tears."

    I snarled and looked at the flames when they started to weaken. Alivia was getting closer.

    "I'd love to stay longer but I have things to do." Alijah/Draven's hands started to glow as he faced them palms out in Asmara's direction. I watched in horror as power lifted from her body and went into his body as he consumed her power.

    Asmara was still breathing but she was shaking in my arms. She felt so cold to the touch.

    Come on, Alivia...

    "It's okay, princess. I'm right here just keep your eyes on me, okay?"

    Her crimson eyes blinked slowly, like she wanted to close them, but she nodded, unable to speak. Her eyes trailed my face like she was trying to remember every detail. She thought she was going to die but I would never let that happen.

    The second the flames vanished from around us, I allowed myself to hope even more. Adrenous stormed towards Alijah/Draven in his wolf form, shadows dancing and reaching out like paws that wanted to shred into him. Alijah/Draven looked at me and waved. He teleported away and Adrenous ran through air where Alijah/Draven used to be.

    The bastard got what he fucking wanted.

    "Get me a healer! Now!"

    Someone ran towards me at the need for a healer and tended to Asmara's wound. The dagger was pulled from her stomach and pressure was kept on the area until she could be bandaged up.