36. We'll Take This Slow

Mature scenes ahead! And a very long chapter.

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

"To our Luna!" Torben cheered beside me, raising his glass of wine.

"To our Luna." The pack cheered back, louder. Faces, cast in a blue glow from the gems sewn into the fabric of the giant gazebo, were smiling and proud.

I had never felt so connected to a pack before and the feeling was extravagant. My wolf could feel every soul before me. Minds tethered to mine, including Torben's. Though I couldn't feel his emotions, his thoughts— I could feel his mind and wolf tethered to me.

I've never felt so connected. I told him. The feeling of being able to mind-link him felt strange and foreign, and I loved it.

A tear slid down my cheek. I wiped it away with the back of my hand and smiled. And then I drank. We all drank together. The wine was exquisite. It was like Torben was waiting for tonight to let me taste the most desirable wine he owned.

    I made a mental note to find out what it was called.

Your one of us now. That's never going to change. He said back.

The band had set up on the far left of mine and Torben's table, but I could still hear their music loud and clear. The music surrounded all of us and rogues were already dancing. I mindlessly swayed with the music and didn't notice until I stopped the moment Torben leant in and kissed my lips. He tasted divine, his evergreen and musk scent putting me in a frenzy. The music fell into the far background and for a moment there was just me and him.

The night was still young and we had a while until we'd leave the rest of the pack. Being alone with Torben filled me with both nervous energy and excitement.

I knew he wanted me.

And I wanted him. I wanted to give him everything.

His tongue passed my lips when I moaned into him and it dominated mine. I could feel his need, his want through the kiss. My thighs clenched and heat travelled between them. I ached for his touch and It drove me crazy.

I had to pull away before it became too much, and when I did, I saw Torben's eyes dark and his lips curved to the side wickedly.

I narrowed my eyes. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

His eyes shifted to where I had my thighs pressed together and back up. "I think you know why."

My cheeks and the back of my neck flamed.

My heart thundered when Felice's voice boomed around the gazebo. "It is time for Our Alpha and his Luna to retire for the night!"

Already?!

Torben's hand slid into mine and he stood up, bringing me up with him. My knees felt like jelly and I put my faith in Torben's strength to keep me standing. The crowd was howling and the music grew louder as people made a path in the middle of the gazebo for us to walk through and exit swiftly.