63. Forced Against Eachother

The end is nearing soon...
Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

Fire blazed around us, so thick nobody could breach it. The wall of fire burned so hot, scorching the ground beneath it. I could almost feel the flames touching my skin, covering my entire body in a sticky sweat. The leather stuck to my body, constricting my chest so much I thought I was going to pass out. Not to mention, it made it unbearably uncomfortable to move.

I looked to Torben, his eyes meeting mine and I knew how much pain and fear he felt in this moment. Those same emotions consumed me.

Torben's brown hair stuck to his handsome face. His entire body was coated in that same sticky sweat as mine. His clothes and bear arms were covered in blood, but it wasn't his.

All those dead vampires I'd seen... Most of those kills had been my mate.

I was desperate to run to him. To scream a warning of what was to come.

I couldn't do anything.

I was bloody helpless. It had barely been an hour ago that Katherine compelled me not to talk or run and to obey every command Draven threw at me.

I shivered when Alijah/Draven's fingers grazed my shoulder, almost in a comforting gesture but it made my stomach clench. Torben gave Alijah/Draven a furious glance, willing him dead.

Alijah/Draven met Torben's stare like he was beneath him. "I'm impressed, Torben. The strategy that went into your army's offence was smart and bold."

Torben looked back and forth between me and Alijah/Draven, assessing how he could get me away from the bastard. "It was. We have your entire territory surrounded by not just one or two but three armies."

"I'm aware. I wasn't surprised to find Tristan's army on the battlefields. I always knew he'd find one way or another to shit on his father's legacy." Alijah/Draven stood closer to my back as he talked, making me tense. I looked to Torben, pleadingly but we both knew there was nothing we could do right now. "But making an alliance with the wolven king, the wolven who killed your own father. That's a new low, even for you."

Torben noticeably clenched his jaw, biting his tongue for a few more seconds so he'd remain visibly calm. "We have come to an equally beneficial agreement."

"An agreement?" Alijah/Draven laughed dryly. "Yes, you get to fuck his daughter and he—"

"Shut your fucking mouth!" Torben was seething, his wolf coming forward. I could feel his wave of dominance wash over me and sensed when even Alijah/Draven almost buckled to his knees.

Alijah/Draven smiled with triumph. He was baiting Torben to make him angry.

He was stalling, I realised.

I looked to Torben trying to warn him that something far worse was going on. I couldn't mutter a word to him, and Goddess knows I tried.

But Alijah/Draven had kept Torben's angry eyes focused on him. "Let Asmara go," Torben growled. "This ends with you and me."

Alijah/Draven tightened his hand on my shoulder instead, the complete opposite to what my mate wanted. "No, it doesn't. This ends with you and Asmara."

My eyes watered when Torben's gaze flickered to my face in confusion. "Asmara?"

I shook my head in agony at not being able to respond.