1. My First Injury

I would like to thank the people that voted between my covers and as you can see, the second cover won.

Welcome back to Adrenous and Alivia's world.

I hope you enjoy this next adventure.

Asmara: 6
Wyatt: 4
Reagan: 7
Cammie: 9

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

I push myself to my limit, running as fast I can in order to catch up with Reagan and Cammie but it's difficult as I twist in and out of the dense trees.

My lungs are aching and the taste of metal lingers on my tongue as I struggle to carry on. The muscles in my legs are aching and begging me to stop until I finally do, bending down as I attempt to catch my breath.

I'm too slow.

I wish I was as fast as the other pups in my daddies pack.

"Mara?" I glance up, my crimson eyes meeting concerned green orbs as Reagan stares down at me. His brown hair is flopped to one side and even after running for half an hour, he doesn't even appear tired.

I wish I could say the same about myself but I'm exhausted.

I take In a few more breaths before I'm able to respond, "Sorry Reagan, I need a break."

"That's okay, I could use a break myself." He smiles down at me, clearly lying to make me feel better about stopping our run. If it weren't for me slowing us down we would already be at the lake where all the other pups are playing.

I appreciate him sparing my feelings though, returning his smile with one of my own as my cousin, Cammie comes up beside him. She glances between us with her bright yellow eyes, asking, "Why are we stopping? We'll be the last ones at the lake if we don't get going."

Great, rub it in why don't you.

"Me and Asmara just stopped to look at a deer." Reagan lies for me, once again sparing me any embarrassment. He understands how much I hate the fact that I'm the slowest and weakest in the pack considering my parents are very powerful and my father is none other than the Wolven King. I'm the black sheep surrounded by strong wolves and wolves and sheep don't mix.

The weak and the strong don't mix.

Cammie gives us a funny look before rolling her eyes, "Well, can we go now? I for one don't want to be late."

"Yeah." I pass Reagan, who frowns at my decision to keep going. I begin to run once again, ignoring his concern as Cammie easily surpasses me once again, running ahead as her blonde hair sways behind her. Reagan shakes his head but comes up beside me, matching my speed so that I can keep up with him easily.

He's very considerate sometimes.

Ten minutes later, and with very sore muscles, I stop behind Cammie when she slows down to a walk, the crystal blue lake just ahead. The lake is filled with many pups swimming and splashing each other whilst grass surrounding the lake has pups playing catch or sitting and chatting as they relax in the sun that's shining down on the lake, the light reflecting off the blue surface.