6. You're Only as Strong as Your Greatest Weakness

Chapter's seem to be moving along a little faster so hopefully updates will too.

Enjoy!

-&-

Unedited.

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

5 months later...

I toss and turn in my sheets, my dream much more vivid tonight, like nothing I've ever dreamt before.

It's dark, the night sky scattered with stars as they twinkle and bring light whilst the moon is absent. I look up, my crimson eyes wide with awe as a sense of freedom and many possibilities welcomes me. The cool breeze brushes past me, lifting my hair and clothes before it settles back down.

"Princess?" My ears perk, an unfamiliar voice calling to me before I feel strong arms wrap around my waist from behind. I feel him rest his chin against my shoulder before soft lips are kissing the side of my neck.

I sigh in content before whispering, "The sky is beautiful at night."

He hums in approval, turning me in his arms. I can't see his face, his features shrouded in darkness but gorgeous, brown eyes peer down at me.

He presses a kiss to my forehead, my consciousness slowly waking. Those brown eyes become sad, a sigh leaving his lips, "You have to go back."

"No, you don't know what it's like," I tell him, not wanting to wake up, "Don't send me back, please."

"I have no choice." He sighs, his gaze apologetic, reluctantly removing his hands from my waist.

"No..." I shake my head, "Don't send me away!"'

I'm shrouded in darkness, my heart plummeting before my eyes snap open, looking up at my bedroom ceiling. I'm coated in sweat, my dark hair stuck to my forehead as I sit up, looking around my dark and empty room.

It was just a dream...

For six months it's been the same dream, me and a man I've never met. He calls out to me and I never want to leave, to wake up. It's torture, dreaming of someone who makes me feel safe and loved only to wake up and face reality.

For months, Owen has used every opportunity to either hurt me or use me for his own selfish gain. His touch disgusts me and makes me feel dirty but I can't stop him because everyone around me is fooled by his charm. They're oblivious to what Owen does to me when they're not around.

The man from my dreams is the only person I feel safe with.

If only he was real.

I pull my soaked sheet away from my body and sit up, the rising sun slowly bringing light into my room as I walk towards the bucket of water placed on my dresser. I soak my face and the back of my neck before removing my nightwear.

There's only one thing that makes me feel better when I'm not dreaming- training.

I exit the castle, wearing matching black trousers and a top. My boots become muddy as I walk across the field, my father visible in the distance as he trains alone. I enjoy watching him train, my father is very powerful and strong, something I'm not though I wish I could be like him.