62. It Begins

A lot of work is still needed but please enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

    The sound of my stomach rumbling woke me in the midst of night. I couldn't remember the last time I'd eaten.

    Kyler had placed a bowl of sludge, that barely looked like food, by my feet and told me I'd better eat up if I knew what was good for me. Fuck him.

    I didn't eat any of it. Elia and her daughter needed it more than me and so did the others. I slid my bowl over to them, letting them have it all.

    Elia reluctantly took the bowl, giving me a grateful smile laced with guilt for taking my food. I gave her a reassuring smile to let her know I was okay.

    They shared the bowl amongst themselves but it would never be enough to satisfy their hunger.

    My stomach rumbled as the cell door opened. The girls on the other side of the cell shifted to the far edge when the sound of the door opening woke them up.

    My eyes hurt as someone walked in with a lit torch. It took several seconds to adjust my eyes before I could see Kyler's face sneering down at me.

    My stomach rumbled again. Kyler's eyes shifted to the empty bowl on the other side of the cell now empty. He shot me a furious glance. "You didn't eat, did you?"

    I stared up at him with a defiant glare.

    Kyler startled me by grabbing my shirt and yanking me up onto my feet. The chains pulled taught, my silver cuff biting into my skin. "You love not doing as your told, don't you?"

    "I don't listen to you." My voice was croaky, but it conveyed the strength of my willingness to defy him.

    "You will. Very soon." His dark eyes promised pain as he unlocked my chain and dragged me out the cell.

    A headache took form as I got pulled left and right by kyler until he pulled me into an unfamiliar tunnel that opened up into a small chamber. Water filled my ears and the smell of damp rock tingled my nose. It was an inside waterfall that fell into a small pool. The water must have drained somewhere that lead outside of the mountain to stop the chamber from flooding.

    Kyler shoved me forward, making me fall to my knees at the edge of the pool, dampening my trousers.

    "Strip."

    My heart raced with panic. "No," I whispered as my body trembled.

    "If you don't strip, I'll rip those clothes from your body and wash you myself." Kyler meant every word, and I wanted to kill him right here and now. I wanted to drown him in the pool and feel his body go limp.

    But I was powerless, and I didn't want that creep anywhere near me so with shaky fingers I undressed and hid my naked body in the pool. Lucky for me, the water reached my neck but still, with everything I had been through, this was the most vulnerable I had ever been.

    "Hurry up and clean yourself, Draven has a surprise for you when you're done."

    Kyler's voice made the hairs on my neck stand. Draven had something horrible in store for me and the unknowing made it worse for me.

    Kyler snapped for me to get out. I covered my chest, leaving everything below my waist beneath the water. He tossed me a robe and told me to follow him.

    The robe did nothing to stop the cold biting into my skin, the ends of my hair dripped water onto the rotten floors as I walked through the tunnels barefooted. Loose rocks bit into the pads of my feet but I hid my discomfort.