26. Shock, Acceptance and A Heartbroken She-Wolf

Updated a day early because I know you're all patiently waiting for an update. Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

I followed Torben around his home until we arrived at a lounge.

I looked around the room in awe. The room was large and located on the ground floor but the double doors that led inside had never been left opened so this was my first time seeing it. The 'L' shaped sofa was a gorgeous, warm brown, centred in the middle of the room and sat directly in the middle of a fluffy rug of the same colour. Apart from the dark brown wall that the sofa was facing, the rest of the room was a gorgeous tan, including the beautifully crafted table that sat just in front of the sofa.

I lifted my gaze and there my eyes fell on a beautiful chandelier, made completely from bronze metal. The bronze metal reflected the light from the lit candles surrounding the chandelier and cast the room in a gorgeous, brownish glow.

Torben closed the doors once we were inside and pointed at the couch when I turned to look at him, "Please, take a seat."

I took a seat and spotted the two wine glasses sat on the tanned table with a gorgeous-looking bottle of wine, my mouth already salivating for the well-needed drink.

It was only three days ago that I agreed to Torben's offer and since then we haven't spoken much. I asked him for some space and he was happy to give it to me, considering everything that had happened since I woke up from almost dying.

I had been an emotional mess and so focused on the fact that Torben had marked me that it stopped me from being grateful for everything I did have. I had used the last three days to really focus on anything else that wasn't to do with Torben, the mark or his offer. That meant I got to really connect with my wolf and understand her as an independent part of me.

Being angry with Torben, I hadn't had the time to really appreciate her and now that I have, I got to learn how incredible she was. She was like me in some parts and then completely different in others. She was certainly stubborn, strong-minded and fiery like me, but unlike me, she was way more confident, too opinionated and adamant with disagreeing with me when it came to Torben and the bond.

She's really been making it that much harder for me and it's been so much fun arguing with her the last few days. Sarcasm intended. It doesn't help either that Torben looks and smells really good today. Now that my senses are heightened, his evergreen tree and musk scent is extremely overwhelming, surrounding me like a thick cocoon. Then as for looking good, I can see each one of his muscles protruding from his black shirt and then there's his hair. He's left it to go slightly wild today, my fingers twitching for me to run them through the thick strands.

Shit, I seriously need to stop.

This is exactly why I don't trust my emotions because I know it's just the bond pushing me towards him.

"Would you like a drink?" He asks, grabbing the bottle. I nod my head as he grabs the glass, pouring me a drink and handing it to me before pouring one for himself. I'm so grateful for the drink, wanting to numb my senses so I can finally relax.

"Are you ready for us to talk about arrangements for the ceremony?" Torben asks me, his dark gaze soft, staring softly at my crimson eyes when they meet his.