12. A Human Trophy

So some bad news and good news. Bad news is that I've just been tested positive for COVID and can't go to work. Don't worry, I'm safe and don't really have any symptoms so no worries there. However, good news is that I now have to isolate for a while which means I have time to write. That's why this chapter is early!

-&-

Anyways, enjoy!

✨🌘✨

-Asmara

On the way to whatever destination it was that the rogues were taking me, I had somehow managed to fall asleep. And to my surprise it was the most peaceful sleep I had ever experienced in such a very long time. In the arms of a monster, I'd found peace.

But that wasn't the most surprising part. That recurring dream which has haunted me for years, didn't make an appearance.

It was cold while I'd slept. The bitter chill that surrounded my body, subconsciously caused me to curl up closer to the warmth that flowed from Torben's chest. It was so surreal and calming, not to mention the smell of evergreen trees and musk that invaded my nostrils while I slept.

However, you can imagine how mortified I felt when my eyes fluttered open and my cheek was pressed up against his hard peck. I abruptly pushed myself away and Torben, taken off guard by my sudden movement, dropped me.

The bastard actually dropped me!

I hit the ground with a hard thud. "Urgh." I moaned as I rubbed the back of my head. The wind had been knocked from my lungs and I was not happy when I looked up and saw Torben staring down at me with hard, narrowed eyes. Why is he angry? I'm the one who fell!

I was seething and glaring up at him, the prick not even offering to help me up. Not that I would have taken his help if he had. I slowly climb to my feet and dust myself off before snapping at him, "Do you drop every woman you carry?"

His eyes spark, the smallest hint of amusement coming forward before it's gone. His eyes become cold and hateful, stating, "No, you're the first."

My eyes narrowed at that. I hadn't actually expected an answer from him. I didn't like his reply either, it was like my body was reacting poorly to the fact that he had carried other women before. I push the feeling down and seethe, "Well don't expect me to willingly climb into your arms again after that."

His eyes suddenly flash with something I don't recognise. The intensity of his stare makes me uncomfortable and extremely self conscious, I almost forget to breath. But then James makes a comment to Torben which causes my cheeks to flush red with anger, "I'll take her off your hands if you want, whether she's willing or not."

I don't miss the sexual component in his words. He was barely my age and his language was disgusting. Whoever raised him did a terrible job at doing so. To my relief, Torben doesn't like his suggestion either, his eyes now dark on James, "Shut the fuck up, if I wanted your fucking help I would have asked for it."

I can't say I didn't enjoy watching James' ego take a hit. It's like he didn't expect Torben to snap at him like he did. Maybe Torben isn't usually like this which causes me to wonder...

James drops his head and walks away, silently sulking like the young, immature pup he is.

I watch as Felice approaches Torben, "Here." Felice hands Torben a piece of dark fabric, making me furrow my brows in confusion.

It's then that Torben turns towards me, demanding, "Turn around." That I realise he's planning to blindfold me.

"Fuck, no." I can't believe he actually thinks I'll let him blindfold me. Absolutely not. I already hate the fact that I let him carry me, but to blindfold me... I don't fucking think so.