34. I Won't Let You Leave My Side

All my attention is on this book for a while so with some luck and hard work, updates may increase. Also double update today!!

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Torben

Felice walked through my office door. "The crowd are back and want an update on the situation." He says as a way of greeting. He takes a seat on the sofa against the back wall of my office and spreads out his arms. He looks tired and drained after three days of having to deal with the pack's frustrations and anger. Those tired eyes fixed on me a second after and he smiled. "It's good to see you well though."

    "Thank you for handling things while I've been gone." I smiled back.

Ezlyn is on the sofa to my right, fiddling with her braided hair. She looked Felice's way and asked, "Have they become aggressive again?" Her red tunic and black trousers are perfect for fighting. She only dresses like that if she's training or anticipating a fight, and since she hasn't been training or looks like she plans to, a fight it is. I had a feeling she wanted the answer to be a yes so she could personally break it up with those claws of hers.

    The memory of her hurting Asmara with those claws still causes me to see red.

To her disappointment, Felice said, "Not yet."

Her response was a pout.

I was prepared to have Ezlyn excluded from this meeting but Asmara convinced me to let her be a part of it. I had no idea they'd become so close.

"I managed to calm them last time but now they expect actual answers," Asmara said from beside me. She was sat in a chair next to mine at the head of my desk, leading this meeting alongside me as Luna. My equal.

I was immensely proud when I found out how she dealt with the uproar of the pack while I was injured. She'd truly made her presence as Luna known to the pack and they'd respect her for it.

It was becoming more and more clear that I made the right choice by sticking with my mate.

The moon goddess would be pleased.

"I'll personally address them myself when we're through in here," I said, leaning back in my chair with a hand on Asmara's knee. She felt tense beneath my hand and I knew it was because she was worried about the conflict between us and Draven.

At least having her close and knowing that she had finally accepted the bond, not because she was forced but because she chose me, gave me comfort. It meant the world to me. My wolf felt relaxed with her vanilla scent floating around the room and I breathed it in like an addict. My mother's necklace was still around her neck and glowing. Every now and then, my eyes would skim over it and that gave me even more comfort.

"Are we going to tell them that Draven is after their Luna?" Ezlyn wondered, still mindlessly playing with the ends of her hair. I'd never seen her this nervous before.

Was she afraid for her Luna?

    Again, I made the decision to let Ezlyn know about Draven with Asmara's convincing. Draven was becoming common knowledge at this point.