17. Don't Ask Questions You Don't Want To Hear The Answers To

This chapter isn't as long as the others but it's definitely worth the read. Let me know what you guys think!

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

"I can't believe this." I groan to myself as I sit in the centre of the giant bathtub.

I've been silently fuming ever since I followed Torben back to his room, or should I say our room from the amount of time I've spent in there. Urgh! I've seriously fucked up. I've got a minute until I'm forced to leave this room and go back out there and face him, falling victim to all his questions.

Why does he even give a fuck about my wolf?

She's gone forever and me spilling my secrets is going to change nothing but open me up to vulnerability. I hate feeling vulnerable, to give someone I barely know a piece of me that could come back and bite me in the ass. Nothing good will come from me spilling my childhood traumas to him.

It's easy maintaining a steady and strong exterior when your enemy doesn't have the tools to break you down, but when I tell him everything I might as well hand him over my very soul. He already owns my freedom. Why isn't that enough for him?

I shiver as the water of my bath begins to turn cold, forcing me to focus back on the reality and the consequence of my choice. I unwillingly step out of the bath, eyeing the fresh pair of clothes folded up on the ceramic side. It's a grey pair of bottoms with a white tank top.

I rinse my hair and plait it before getting dressed in the clean clothes, my heart racing at the thought of opening that door.

Here goes nothing.

I open the door and find Torben casually leaning back against his headboard with his arms crossed at the back of his head. His hair is damp and disheveled from his own bath with a few stray water droplets trailing down the sides of his face. Why does he have to look so perfect? My gaze trails slightly down, he's now dressed in a black shirt and comfy black bottoms, the clothes hugging his body perfectly, allowing me to see the outline of his hard muscles.

My cheeks flush bright red when I catch him looking me up and down as well. I quickly drop my gaze, nervously lean against the doorframe, biting my lip as I try to think of what to say.

Do I have to do this?

✨🌗✨

- Torben

Asmara looked so nervous and uneasy as she leant against the doorframe, drawing her bottom lip in between her teeth, causing my eyes to zero in on the action. She looked so adorable and yet so god damn sexy at the same time with her gorgeous crimson eyes looking back at me with caution before she dropped her gaze to the ground.

I could have stared into her gaze forever, her eyes are so beautiful, captivating and drawing me in, tempting me with the secrets behind them. Perhaps it's a good thing she looked away when she did.

"How was your bath?" I ask her gently, watching as her eyes snapped to mine.

She shrugged her shoulders, "It wasn't terrible."