44. Lesson One: Do What Feels Natural

Happy Easter everyone!!!

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

    I had spent hours dodging Torben's attacks, kicks and had even somersaulted back to avoid his clever hands trying to capture me.

    We were in the inside training room, as many weapons displayed on the walls as I could remember from the last time I had been in here. I had stripped down to skin-tight trousers and a vest top, the rest of my clothes discarded at the edge of the room with my boots beside them.

    Torben had gone topless. His chest and abdominal muscles were coated in sweat, and I had to stop my wolf from picturing extremely realistic scenarios of us in non-fighting positions. I knew my arousal coated the air because Torben's nostrils flared, and his eyes flashed with desire. He was more eager to capture me, to have me beneath him where he could claim victory, but he'd give me what my body yearned for. The doors were locked, giving us maximum privacy and I'd have to admit, the idea of us fucking in here was exciting.

    I dramatically moved away from him. As exciting as it may be, I was enjoying the chase. From the way Torben became more determined and his eyes turned playful, he was loving the chase too.

    Before we started the game of cat and mouse, we had spent the first two hours practicing magic. Nothing had happened. I couldn't summon anything even though I could feel it stirring. Torben had told me it may have to do with my emotions, so he said we'd put it on hold and take a break, and by break he meant physical training. I was exhausted, my body drenched in sweat and my muscles aching. The exhaustion was better compared to the panic attack that had left me terrified and unable to sleep. After this I would be able to sleep for days.

    Light was coming in through the windows as the sun rose, and it was the first time all night that I had any idea what the time was.

    "Have we really been at this all night?" I asked, ducking to the floor and rolling to the side when Torben pounced.

    He chuckled, missing me by an inch. He was getting closer to catching me due to my fatigue. "Yes, time always does fly when you're having fun."

    "Reagan's due to come back today." I ran to the left, Torben's next attack thankfully not taking me off guard. When I'm a safe distance, I ask, "What news do you think he'll bring with him?" It was something I had been pondering all day yesterday. My mind had only taken a break from it during the hours of our training, but with the sun rising I was aware what day it was.

    "Whatever message your father chooses to send back I'm sure will be both devastating and relieving."

    "What do you mean?"

    His response had snagged me, enough so that I yelped when he was suddenly near me, I made to turn duck and roll but before I could turn, his hands had tightened on my waist and my body lifted into the air. I kicked and struggled but my mate was strong and was refusing to break his grip. Forced into a hard and sweaty chest, Torben nipped at my ear.

    "I mean, whatever your father decides, I'm sure will be in your favour. However, I doubt he won't have a catch that comes along with it. Perhaps something he knows will make my blood boil." Torben's breath brushed past my ear in a sensual caress.

    I struggled in his grip again and elbowed him in the ribs. I knew I had made a mistake when he growled. He had moved so fast I had only a second to register my back pressed to the cool padded floor before Torben was on me, dark eyes peering into mine, conveying I had just released the beast.