22. Drain Her Dry

So I accidentally published this chapter yesterday so that's why some people are confused. Sorry about that 😬.

It's published for good now. Promise.

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Torben

I nurse a glass of bourbon, thinking about what Felice suggested. He had left a few hours ago and I was left with the aftermath of his words.

Mark her...

If I mark her it will involve telling her everything. Every damn, gritty detail. I don't know if I'm ready to spill the truth to her. I know I promised her I would eventually but I never thought it would be so soon. I figured I would deal with her father first and then her second.

It would be easier to tell her the truth once she hated me because nothing could be worse than losing a parent.

I should know.

My wolf doesn't like where my thoughts are drifting, knowing that if I do decide to mark her, she'll never mark me back. She wouldn't want to and I'm definitely not going to force her. Making her stay with me will be hard enough for the both of us. Maybe in time she'll forgive me, that she'll see where I'm coming from and why I couldn't let it go but that's wishful thinking. If I can't let it go then she wouldn't either. She's as stubborn as me.

I've been drinking for far too long and I know it's getting late. The drink has gone to my brain and I think I'm beginning to sway towards telling Asmara the truth. Maybe she needs to hear it.

Would she even let me mark her?

No. Probably not.

I stand from my desk anyway, the fear of rejection trumped by the alcohol that's making my fears disappear to the back of mind, not to surface again until tomorrow morning when it's already too late to change what's been done.

To hell with it, I'm going to tell her everything.

I'm sure I can handle a woman trying to hurt me tonight. She might even punch, kick and scream after I tell her something she's going to wish isn't true. Goddess, she'll fucking hate me. Being mated to someone like me isn't exactly something to celebrate and I know she'd rather die than complete the bond.

My chances with her have already perished and this will make damn well sure they stay that way.

I'm in a haze, my body moving subconsciously as my thoughts continue to rage and before I know it I'm already in front of her bedroom door. I reach into my back pocket and pull out the key to her door, drawing in a breath before I unlock it and open it.

Instantly I feel cold air fan my face, my blood running cold when I spot the wide open window. It's enough to sober me up as I run towards the window, my heart pumping loud whilst I lean out, my eyes darting around my terrain in search of the Princess that was more clever than I gave her credit for. My nostrils flare and I catch her scent, jumping out the window to follow the delicious smell. My knees bend to absorb the impact of my jump before I stand up straight, her scent disappearing right where I'm standing.