23. I Am Now One

Hey guys, here's the next chapter! Just a small warning, this chapter was a little difficult to right so if anything is hard to understand please let me know. I tried to write it as simply as possible but just comment if you think I need to re-word it.

-&-

And enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Torben

I had heard it...

Her screams travelled right through me and ignited pain and fury beyond my own comprehension.

We had been searching all nightfall. Me, Felice and Aicha band together whilst I had other parties of men and women looking in other possible directions she could have gone. We were the lucky ones after it was revealed we were in the right direction and close enough that we could hear her horrifying scream.

My wolf paced in my mind, growling and baring his teeth in anger. It overshadowed the fear we both felt for her life. She was in life-threatening danger and the thought that we might not make it in time was unfathomable.

Aicha and Felice had already shifted, bounding in her direction with their howls filling the air in a warning. I called her name, hoping she would be able to call out to me, "Asmara!"

Emotional turmoil attacked my body when a response never came. Not even a scream. I couldn't explain the panic as I raced towards the direction where I had last heard her scream.

I used something I haven't used for a long time because of how intrusive it is. I linked with Felice and looked through his eyes. I could see him attacking a young vampire and my heart dropped. The rogue vampires under Draven's command attacked my mate. This is what I feared most when I realised she ran off.

When I reached the clearing, Felice and Aicha were still busy, their fangs buried into each of the vampire's arms they had caught.

The vampire was reasonably powerful. He twisted his body at an incredible speed and then threw Felice and Aicha off him. They both flew away several feet before they were able to twist their bodies, landing on their feet whilst their claws dug into the ground to stop them from moving further away.

Felice was the first to go back after him, the vampire baring his fangs and hissing at Felice. Felice bit down on his ankle, the vampire growling in pain as he attempted to kick Felice off of him again but this time Felice was prepared and had a much deeper grip on him. I heard a crunch, the sound of Felice biting into bone. The screams that left the vampire were filled with so much pain, it had me grinning with joy.

I didn't see her but I could hear Aicha running past me to help Felice with the vampire whilst I scanned the clearing for her.

"Get the fuck off me, you fucking mutts!" The vampire thrashed and kicked, Felice and Aicha letting go to snap their jaws at other parts of his body. I can barely pay attention to the fight going on in front of me, my eyes narrowing on Asmara's unmoving body. My world spun and pure fear coursed through my veins. Angry growls erupted from my throat and the vampire shit himself at the sound.

I could sense he wanted to run, the vampire trying to put as much space between him and the other two before he could attempt his retreat.