24. Extended Prison Sentence

I tried to get this next chapter out as quickly as I could for you guys so I hope you enjoy it!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

Shit...

My senses slowly return as I begin to wake up and my goddess...

My head feels like it's been slammed into a concrete wall.

My entire body feels drained and even the simplest action of opening my eyes takes more effort than it should. When I finally manage to open them, my vision is blurry, needing to blink a few times until I finally make out the contours of Torben's room.

How on earth did I get back here?

Before Vincent and Katherine left me to die, I remember hearing Torben yell my name. He must have heard me screaming and found me. What happened to Vince and Kat? Or was Torben happy they nearly eliminated his burden? No, he wouldn't have brought me back here if he was happy I was gone.

But that doesn't exactly mean his reason for bringing me back is good.

Was everything I dreamt of last night real? My instincts tell me it was and that scares me. It means everything Raven told me, warned me about, is real. The truth is confirmed when my wolf makes her appearance known for the time since I have awakened. She urges me to trust the fact that last night was real and Raven really did visit me.

'Draven took so much from you so I gave you everything I had. Everything he would kill to possess. My powers and the ability for your mate to recognise you.'

Raven's voice echoes in my mind and it changes everything. Nothing makes sense anymore. What I thought I was... It hardly correlates with everything Raven told me. I have her powers, more power than I possibly know what to do with. My connection to my wolf is now complete though I hardly understand how that's even possible. But more importantly, I have a mate. Something I assumed the mood goddess took back because I wasn't a proper wolven.

I was wrong about everything. I don't even know who I am anymore.

I stir beneath the heavy sheets keeping me pressed firmly against the bed and soon realise it wasn't the sheets that were heavy.

Laying on my stomach with his arms wrapped around me was Torben's head. My movement seems to have woken him because I hear a small groan leave his lips before his eyes slowly open. When he sees me awake, he instantly sits up and I'm taken aback by the relief that swoops across his features. "Thank the moon goddess," he murmurs, pulling his arms from around me. The loss of contact makes me feel strangely worse, the pain becoming more intense with his skin no longer touching mine.

He stands to pull back the curtain, allowing the light to flood the room and momentarily blind me. Torben returns to his seat next to the bed and asks me gently, "How are you feeling?"

He's being strangely nice and gentle considering I just tried to escape from him.

"Weak," I breathe, only now realising how dry my throat is. "Can I have a drink?"

Torben reaches his hand to the glass of water on the bedside table and hands it towards me, "Here."

I thankfully take it and then do my best to sit up, every limb in my body protesting the action. I greedily drink from the glass until every last drop is gone and then hand it back to him. He places it back on the table and I ask him, "How did I get back here?"