20. Struggling With The Decisions I'm Making

Here you go everyone. Sorry for keeping you waiting.

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

I squinted my eyes at the bright sunlight, sifting it's way through the slightly open curtains. The light hurt my sensitive eyes and my head throbbed painfully. I attempted to move and shield my eyes but felt a hard tug on my stomach, preventing me from moving.

Snapping my eyes down at my stomach, they grew wide when I saw the strong arm wrapped around my abdomen. Then I felt warm air blowing down my neck, I turned and moved away when I saw Torben's sleeping features so close to my face.

My memory of yesterday was limited and fuzzy. I could just about remember Torben climbing into the bed and me being too tired to care. I didn't however, agree to let him wrap his arm around me during the night.

My heart jumped when his eyes began to open, a grumpy groan vibrating from his chest because I had woke him up. I tried to move further away but his grip around my stomach didn't loosen at all.

His voice was husky with sleep when he groaned, "What are you doing?"

I huffed and demanded, "Get your arm off me."

He opened one eye and saw me staring down at him angrily, causing him to become amused. He teased, "Or what?"

I crossed my arms against my chest and narrowed my eyes, thinking of ways that I could ruin his day. Oh the scenarios that went through my head would be enough justification for him to lock me back up again. Sadly, I didn't want to be locked up again. No way was I going through that again. I decided violence wouldn't get me anywhere with him, neither would a smart-ass comment.

"Please," I ground out, the word tasting vile on my tongue, "My head hurts and I'm not in the mood to argue with you." I hoped he would spare me today, considering I was doing my best to be reasonable with him.

"Now was that so hard?" He taunted with a sleepy voice, retracting his arm. He moved onto his front and puffed up his pillow to get comfortable.

"Are you seriously going back to sleep?" I snorted.

"What does it look like? Did you think I was just resting my eyes," He mocked sarcastically, looking up at me with irritation. I wasn't impressed. Coming to the conclusion that I wasn't going to let him rest in peace, he regretfully sat up, positioning his pillow so he could rest back against the headboard. "Is there a reason you're keeping me up this early in the morning?"

I have to think for a moment and then without warning, I ask "Where did you go yesterday?"

Torben released a sigh, like he knew this conversation was going to come up one way or another. I positioned myself next to him with my legs crossed on the bed, silently waiting for him to respond. It appeared he didn't owe me an answer and instead said, "It doesn't matter, it was a useless trip anyway." He was clearly irritated but the lack of information annoyed me.

"What does that mean?" I'm completely puzzled, tilting my head with confusion crossing my features.

This time he stares back at me, his eyes pained and withholding, like he's dying to tell me something but he knows he can't. I become even more confused, watching Torben lean forward. The closer he moved towards me, the more the air around us becomes thick, electricity pulsing between us. His eyes flashed and I wondered if he could sense it too. "In time I may explain everything to you, but right now I'd preferred to keep it to myself as much as possible."