61. I'm Going To Make You My Weapon

Another eventful chapter!

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

My heart was cracking beneath the weight of Desmond's betrayal.

Desmond watched me from the dais, stood next to Draven's throne. His face was empty of emotion. He was so unaffected by what he'd done it made me feel sick.

I mentally clawed at the mental walls that blocked me from accessing my wolf and powers because goddess knows how much I wanted to hurt all of them. When that got me nowhere, I screamed silently in anguish.

"Torben will destroy you all for this!" My instincts assured me he was alive, and he was coming. I'd watch him smash through this mountain until it was nothing but a pile of rock and dust.

Alijah/Draven and Kyler chuckled. The sound was ugly, and it grated on my ears.

It fuelled my anger. I didn't even spare Kyler a warning glance before I walked right up to Alijah/Draven and sneered up at him. I pointed at Kyler. "Are you aware this bastard tried to have me killed a few months ago, even with orders from you demanding my capture?" I dropped my hand and stepped back just enough that I could see Kyler glare at me. It brought me some semblance of amusement.

Alijah/Draven looked at the captain of his army, but his face revealed none of his thoughts.

I kept going. "Your own trusted captain betrayed your orders. Does that not call for punishment? Your own army will see you as weak if you let this slide." I pressed, wanting to turn them against each other. I needed to buy myself more time.

Des watched impassively, but I could feel the tension thickening the air, even from him.

Alijah/Draven stared at me instead of the male I'd accused of Treason against him. My confidence that I'd have revenge on Kyler faltered and I became less sure. It wasn't until I glanced at Kyler that I noticed the cold amusement on his face. Like he was watching me a make a fool of myself and he enjoyed it.

"You already know," I realised.

I was certain that Kyler had tried to have me killed behind Draven's back, despite that I was wanted alive for my powers. He did it anyway because he saw Draven's obsession with having me as a weakness that would cost them everything.

Now I didn't know what Kyler had told Draven to escape punishment.

Alijah/Draven snickered quietly at me and then said, "While Kyler did go against my orders and tried to have you killed – which I apologise for by the way – he did it with good intention and was punished severely." He looked at Kyler. "Kyler tell everyone in the room how I punished you for your transgression."

Kyler's menacing eyes flashed with surprise. He stood straighter, looking uncomfortable with sharing that information. He was too prideful, but he wasn't going to publicly disobey Draven. "You flayed the skin on my legs and broke both my arms."

The image of that entered my mind and made me feel sick but Kyler deserved death, so I suppose that was Draven's way of giving him mercy.

"Why didn't you kill him?" I questioned him. Why did he spare his life in the end?

Draven wasn't one for giving mercy.

"Because..." Alijah/Draven stood closer, so we were toe-to-toe. I stiffened at his closeness and clenched my fist to keep me from showing fear. I lifted my chin and stared at him like he did nothing but bore me. "...In his attempt to kill you, I discovered something very useful."