13. The Cells It Is Then

Work has been hectic but I managed to squeeze this chapter out. Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

I can't believe that prick locked me in his bedroom!

I rolled over a few scenarios in my head of what Torben was going to do with me and none of them were good. He was a terrifying and strong man, one that I didn't want to piss off but that was unavoidable. I was the daughter of a king they all despised, my very presence alone is enough to piss him off.

At this point I'm surprised they've kept me alive. I was sure I would be dead meat by now but again, I think whatever he plans to do with me must be worse.

I slump down on the bed, a groan leaving my lips as my eyes scan his bedroom. The colours in his room were plain, the walls a charcoal black and the floors a pale white. His windows were draped by curtains that matched the colour of his carpet. The only thing that had a more favourable colour was his bed sheets. They were a gorgeous, wine red and it definitely complimented the giant, king size bed well.

What now?

Torben told me to freshen up and get changed but I have no clothes here. What the fuck does he expect me to do? Wear his? I don't fucking think so, I'd rather where my own dirty clothes than wear his. I don't want anything from him.

I jump when I hear the recognisable sound of the door being unlocked. Shit, is Torben back already?

I shuffle further away from the door, expecting to see Torben's intense and cold dark eyes but narrow my eyes when a young, blonde girl no older than seventeen comes in. She's accompanied by a guard who gives me a warning look, forcing me to glare back at him before he closes the door.

The young girl's pale blue eyes soon fall on me, a shy smile making its way onto her lips until she averts her gaze, not wanting to see the hostility in my own.

Who is she?

My eyes traveled down to her hands to find her holding a folded pile of clothes, watching her gently place them down at the edge of the bed. "Er...Um, Alpha Torben said you should bath and get changed into these." Her voice is soft and hints at her shyness, she clearly isn't an outgoing person and is uncomfortable in my presence.

I don't blame her, I am a prisoner here after all.

"I'm fine with what I'm wearing, thank you. I don't want anything from your Alpha." My voice is a lot harsher than I intended but she gets the message loud and clear.

She's shocked by my response, her eyes widening slightly as they snap up to meet mine, "I understand you're angry and I don't agree with him keeping you here, but it would be in your best interest for you to just follow his instructions."

I furrow my brows. A rogue who doesn't agree with her Alpha's order? I thought all rogues would want me dead, why doesn't she?

"What's your name?"

"Josephine, I'm James' twin sister. I believe you two have already met." She mentions, my distaste for her brother shining through my eyes as soon as his name left her mouth.