46. Explain Your Actions

Happy weekend everyone. I hope you enjoy this chapter 😄

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

    The water was freezing and invading, surrounding me like a cold blanket. It was so cold my skin went numb within a few moments and my muscles locked up. I almost gasped under the water at the sheer shock of it. With the current pushing me back, I struggled and the force of it... It felt like my face was being slapped.

    I managed to swim a few metres before my muscles gave in and I was shoved back into Reagan behind me. He must have known I wasn't doing well against the current because he grabbed me right away and held me to him like he anticipated the current would shove me into him. My fatigued muscles slackened, and I let Reagan do the work. He moved effortlessly against the water and within a few minutes we were going upwards.

    The moment my head broke the surface of the water, I was struggling for air. It was hard to breath with my bodies violent shivering, and I was rushing to get out of the water. I couldn't feel my fingers when they gripped at the rocky surface to pull myself out of the water. Reagan gave me a lift and I managed to crawl out of the water with his help.

    I shivered and kneeled, scrunching my eyes shut as if it could force warmth into my body. My teeth chattered while I sucked in air and tucked my hands close to me to bring any warmth I could to them, but it wasn't enough.

    Reagan and Felice climbed out next, Reagan beside me, breathing harshly but with his natural wolven warmth he wasn't as cold as me. He could handle it better and there was no need for him to shiver or even worry if he was going to catch a sickness. He sensed that I wasn't doing well on my own and wrapped his hands around mine, letting them have some of his warmth.

    In any other circumstances I would have pulled away, but my body was too desperate for some semblance of warmth.

    Felice was even less affected like he'd done this a hundred times, which I'm pretty sure he had done for Torben. He was recovering quickly for someone who just climbed out of freezing cold water without air for a few moments. He even had time to growl at Reagan and demand, "Stop touching her."

    Reagan refused. "She's too cold and needs warmth, would you rather her catch a sickness?"

    Felice brows creased, worry in those dark eyes as he noted my body shivering. "No." he said and bit his tongue to avoid saying anything else.

    We both knew Torben wouldn't like it, but it was only warmth my body was accepting of Reagan, nothing else.

    Desmond had now surfaced, approaching the water's edge just beside where me and Reagan sat. He wasn't in a rush to climb out like I was, he just stood with his legs still immersed and steadied his breathing.

    What I wouldn't give to be able to be like them. I felt like I was dying and if I got sick because of this, I would curse my mother for bringing me here.

    I moved my hands closer to my body, out of Reagan's and said, "Thanks, I'm okay now."

    Reagan frowned and nodded, staying close by so that I felt the warmth radiating off him, but not close enough that I would feel as though he was crossing the line.

    "She needs dry clothes." Desmond informed Reagan.

    "Fuck," Felice cursed, inwardly blaming himself for not thinking to bring me any.