5. You're Mine To Play With

Hey guys, here's another update which I hope you will enjoy! Hopefully soon I'll be able to update more regularly.

-&-

I'm still accepting any cover art for this book if you would like to send me your designs. You can PM and I'll give you the email you can send them too. Thanks.

✨🌘✨

-Asmara

1 month later...

I scream in anger as I throw punch after punch, my skin glistening with sweat as I refuse to stop until my arms are physically numb.

My vision is blinded by so much anger, how I've lost my best friend in the whole world...

...How my wolf was taken from me!!!

And the way Owen continues to abuse and mock me like I'm nothing more than a toy for him to play with.

My parents and everyone else are blind to the way he treats me, from the outside all they see is a young couple who can't stay away from one another. They believe Owen is gentle and caring but he is anything but and I don't understand how I'm the only one who sees that.

And the dreams I've been having aren't doing me any good. Every night for a month straight I've been dreaming of chocolate brown eyes, a voice calling out to me with the promise of safety and protection.

It's a lie...

I'm far from being safe as long as Owen's around.

When I finally stop, my eyes widen at the dents I've made on the soft leather of the punching bag. It's also now that I feel the hot tears trailing down my cheeks before beading off my chin. I quickly wipe them away in frustration, sniffling as I move away from the punching bag.

I'm all alone in the training room, knowing it's got to be dark out by now and I'll have to walk across the field in order to get back home in time for dinner.

I quickly grab a white towel, wiping away the sweat of my forehead before leaving the training room and heading outside of the small building. I glance around, the two fields covered in darkness as the stars come out to play, illuminating the many flowers.

I start towards the castle, pacing in order to get home quickly and it's then that I feel him lingering behind me.

Shit. Shit. Shit!

I turn on my heels, Owen standing a few feet away with his arms crossed over his chest. He smiles smugly at my sour expression, rolling my eyes before I huff and turn away, storming away from him. I grind my teeth when I see him catch up to me from the corner of my eye, "Leave me alone."

"And leave you to walk alone in the dark, no way. Besides, it's not like you're strong enough to look out for yourself." He retorts, his eyes beaming with amusement.

And you can protect me? Ha, you're the one thing I need protecting from!

I stop in my tracks, Owen walking another few steps before he realises I've stopped and turns to face me. I narrow my eyes and jest, "The last person I need around me is you, I'm done lying to everyone-"