14. Dangerous Threats

Hey everyone. I'm sorry for the delay but please enjoy the small surprise!

✨🌘✨

- Reagan

"Wake up!"

My eyes snap open, my heart jumping at the sound of... Morgan's voice?

I blink up at Hunter's eldest daughter, her blue eyes flashing with relief when she sees my eyes open. Her red hair blows in the wind as she turns her head to the right, talking to someone who's out of my line of sight, "He's awake!"

"Reagan!" I hear my mother's voice, Morgan standing to her feet and moving away so my Mother can kneel down beside me. "How do you feel?" She questions me as I struggle not to groan in pain.

"My head kills but I'll live." I reply, slowly sitting up.

Fuck, Asmara!

"Where's Asmara?! Did you find her?!" I demand, my head killing at my sudden rush as I quickly rise to my feet.

My mother warns, "Careful, that bump on your head looks bad."

It feels worse but that's nothing compared to the panic racing through my veins. The last thing I remember is Asmara disappearing into the fog with that bastard carrying her. After that one of the rogues took it upon themselves to knock me out. It was most likely for his own pleasure.

"Where is she?!" I panic, seeing my Father and Adrenous walking towards us, followed by many warriors.

Shit, what do I tell him?

My mother frowns, looking around, "Asmara isn't here Reagan, tell me what happened." She stares back at me, my father coming to stand beside her.

Adrenous looks concerned and just as panicked as me, "Alivia said you and Asmara never went back home, where the fuck is she?"

My heart races, knowing I'll have hell to pay when I tell him the truth. I swallow my fear and expel, "Asmara wouldn't let me take her home and with my wolf weak I couldn't stop her. She was determined to come here. I only followed her to make sure she didn't get into trouble."

"So where the fuck is she then?" His wolf comes forward and I'm forced to bow my head, my wolf's tail tucked between his legs.

My chest is heaving up and down and I finally find the courage to say, "The rogues took her, specifically their Alpha."

I cringe when Adrenous growls, "YOU WERE SUPPOSE TO PROTECT HER!"

"I know." I murmur, unable to forgive myself for what I let happen. I should have never let her come up here knowing I wouldn't be able to protect her without my wolf. And now she's gone.

"Clearly you don't!" Adrenous is about to snap forward but my Father blocks his path to me, Adrenous' eyes snapping to him. My mother's eyes are wide, looking between them as Adrenous regards my Father with harsh eyes.

My Father is wary, understanding Adrenous is a very dangerous man right now. He tries to reason with him the best he knows how, "Reagan made a mistake, I'll take full responsibility for what he allowed to happen."