18. Hostile Territory

I hope everyone had a good Monday! Sorry for the late update but here it is!

-&-

Unedited.

✨🌘✨

- Torben

Meet me in my office. Now!

After leaving Asmara, I'm left with more questions than answers, though I feel I can understand her better. That fire burning in her eyes was created because of how she'd grown up and been treated by her own kind. And to think she was bullied by them... it's outrageous and fuels my anger towards her father. He should have never allowed that.

I'm frustrated she didn't give me any details on the matter but I won't push her after the progress we've made so far. She's given me enough already, it's only fair I let her be. It's hard enough for her to know that she'll be her father's demise.

I've held this grudge towards her father for so long...

Nothing will stop me from avenging my father's death.

Asmara will never forgive me, I know that just by understanding her character. She already holds her own grudge against my father and blames him for her wolfs absence,
as well as Draven.

Draven.

Now that was a name I recognised. I know him all too well and it's about time I pay him a little visit.

Nearly there.

I enter my office and close the door, impatiently waiting for Felice to meet me here. I take a seat at my desk, my eyes focused hard on the door until it finally opened.

Felice closed the door behind him, his eyes quizzical and concerned as he took a seat on the other side of my desk, silently taking note of my not-so-hidden frustration and impatience. "What's going on? It sounded urgent." He asks me right away.

I silently reach into my pocket and take out the key to my bedroom, sliding it across my desk towards Felice. He looks down at it and then back at me with an arched eyebrow. "I need you to watch Asmara for me while I'm away." I informed him.

He appeared confused, "You're leaving?" He leant back in his chair, chuckling to himself, "I mean, I figured the conversation with Asmara would end badly, but not as far as to make you want to leave."

I grind my teeth, telling him seriously, "The conversation went better than I could have expected." Felice's smile turns to a frown at that, "I asked and she answered like I wanted, the fact that I despised her answers is something completely different."

He doesn't completely understand, "Then why are you leaving?"

"Because I still have answers and there's only one person who can give them to me."

Frustrated and still confused he leans back in his chair, "I see... Well, considering at how cryptic that answer was, am I right to assume you won't tell me if I ask who that someone is?"

I smirk. He knows me too well, "I'll only be gone a day or two, I just need you to keep an eye on Asmara and perhaps let her out of that bedroom, she needs some fresh air."

"Oh, so now we're actually caring about her well-being?" He grins back at me, "Have you changed your mind about your little mate?"

My features slowly falter, a small hesitation on my part. I wish it could be so simple, but in all honesty it isn't. I know I'm being selfish in wanting to keep her by my side even after her father passes, but I know if I let her go my wolf won't be able to handle it. I won't be able to run my pack efficiently and they need me now more than ever.