35. A Bond To Remember

Double update! And the union we've all been waiting for is about to happen.

-&-

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

    The union was tonight.

    Tonight!

    I found myself pacing in the open-spaced room on the ground floor of Torben's home. It had been set up yesterday for me to get dressed for the union that was to happen tonight. In a little less than a few hours, I was to go out there and face everyone as I and Torben swore Vowles to each other, and me to the pack. Aicha had been helping me to prepare, teaching me the lines I was to speak today and she even helped me to pick out a gown.

    The gown was sitting on a life-size dummy in the centre of the room. It was a stunning, red one-shoulder gown that transitioned into a baby pink skirt of silky fabric, layered with see-through lace. The waistline was decorated with dangling burgundy flowers, which I assumed were fake considering it was autumn. Nonetheless, it was beautiful and I couldn't stop admiring it.

    I was extremely nervous about today but I trusted Torben and I knew he'd make today special for me.

    Still, a part of me wished my parents could be here today. To watch their daughter and her mate's union even though they might despise him. I wouldn't care as long as they could see me. See me become Luna to a pack who weren't as bad as they all feared. As I had once feared.

    My head went silent as soon as the door opened and I looked at Rita's withering stare.

I stood straight and schooled my face into a calm that hid everything I just spend hours worrying about.

    She closed the door behind her and stepped into the room. Her eyes scanned me from head to toe and then her gaze snagged on the dress. She stiffened and looked at me. "You ordered my presence, Luna."

    I had. Today I had the authority to order anyone to help me prepare for today. I chose Rita. We needed to talk and since she couldn't refuse the order, it was the perfect opportunity to get her on her own.

    There was a giant mirror on the back wall. I turned from her and stepped in front of it, looking at her through the reflection and gesturing her over. "I require your assistance with getting me ready for tonight. You don't mind, do you?" Our eyes locked through the mirror and I could see her cursing me in her head.

"Even if I did, I don't think I have a choice." She said with hate in her eyes.

She reluctantly walked forward and got to work, assessing my form and then the gown. I was only dressed in a thin, black robe for the moment with only my underwear underneath. My hair and make-up had already been done by Aicha who insisted on doing it. My lips were painted a pale pink and my eyes framed by pale pink eye-shadow. Red would have been too much, whereas the pale pink helped to bring out the colour of my eyes.

She wanted to help me with the gown too but I told her about Rita and why I wished to speak to her alone. Aicha didn't feel comfortable leaving me alone with her but I assured her I would be fine.