4. A Blue Moon

Apologies for the long wait. Updates are going to be a little slow for a few weeks because I'm recovering from being ill but I'm slowly catching up.

Anyways, Enjoy!

Asmara: 13
Wyatt: 11
Reagan: 14
Cammie: 16

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

"Are you excited?" My dad asks me as we sit opposites each other in the coach. My brother is beside me, his attention out the window, the scenery shifting from the woods we're used to, to building flying past as the coach enters the human village.

My mum is beside my dad, both of them waiting for my response, frowning when I shrug my shoulders, "I suppose."

We're on our way to the ceremonial garden that is located within the human village. I'm thirteen now which means I'm old enough to shift beneath the light of the blue moon. I'm wearing a thin red dress which will easily shred when it's time for me to shift.

I wish I was more excited about shifting but something stirs in the pit of my stomach, giving me a terrible feeling that something bad is going to happen.

"What's wrong?" My mum asks, her eyes stern, prompting me to answer her.

I huff, "Nothing, I'm just a little nervous."

My mums cobalt eyes soften, telling me, "You know, I had to wait until I was seventeen to shift and imagine what that's like when you're not even expecting it." I know the story, my mum grew up here in this village and had no idea she was part Wolven. When she shifted my dad took her away to live with him and she found out they were mates.

My dad chuckles, recalling the memory, "You looked so frightened when you shifted in front of me for the first time."

My mum slaps him playfully, "What did you expect?"

"Everything I expected from a mate, I got." My dad comments gently, causing my mum to blush. I playfully gag, both my parents glancing at me before chuckling.

There's a small silence until my mum turns to my dad, her tone serious when she asks, "Did you make sure to double the guards?"

I arch a curious brow, my dad nodding. I can sense them mind-linking now In order to keep me out of the conversation, their expressions serious as I sigh with annoyance and turn my attention on Wyatt who's staring out the window with excitement and curiosity.

Wyatt shifts in his seat to face me, his eyes filled with wonder and slight envy when he tells me, "You're so lucky you get to shift, I wish I was older like you so I could meet my wolf."

"If I had the power, I would swap places with you right now." I state nervously, Wyatt's features shifting, not understanding why I'm not just as excited as him.

I wish I was excited.

"Asmara, it will be fine." My mum stresses, encouraging me to relax.

Oh mum, if only I believed that.

"We're here!" My brother cheers, pointing out the window. I glance in the direction where he's pointing, my eyes widening at all the banners placed with my family symbol in the centre of them. There's a giant podium where my dad and his four generals will be seated as they watch me and the others shift for the first time.