66. I Need to Feel Whole

So close to the end, I promise 🙏

✨🌘✨

Three weeks later...

- Asmara

    I look over the pack grounds, hidden away on the grassy hill. Too far for anyone to notice their Luna sitting in the grass. It's quiet up here, besides the wind blowing and that's what I came up here for.

    I've been coddled far too much the last few week. Not that I blame Torben or my parents. They know I've been through a lot but it's hard to relax when you know everyone's afraid that you'll break down any moment.

    My wounds healed now. Well almost. There's a new to scar to match the one Ezlyn gave me when I first got here. I welcome them though, the proof of my survival.

    Right now I know Torben's looking for me but he only has to look through my eyes to know I'm safe. I've been up here for hours so the fact he hasn't come means he knows where I am. He knows I need some time alone but he'll make his way here eventually.

Looking down, I can see everyone rushing around. Restoring the grounds to their former glory. Already you'd have a hard time believing there was ever a war not too long ago. The dead are now buried and a day of mourning took place a few days ago. The evidence of blood and burned buildings are nearly erased. The pack boarders now fully patrolled again, resuming back to normality.

And though the evidence of deaths are erased from the earth, they'll never be erased from our minds. Or the events that took place. Draven may have started this but his actions have done the opposite of what he wanted. He's brought vampires, wolvens and rogues together. A union that will not easily break.

And from the destruction and the trauma of Draven, I've come out the other side feeling reborn. My wolf has been returned. Her fangs make an appearance when I'm angry sometimes which isn't something I was counting on considering I can't shift yet. My powers I'd received from my father are a part of me again, too but they won't manifest until I can shift. Everything Draven took has been restored. And yet...

... Something is still missing.

The blue moon is in a couple of weeks. I'll be able to shift for the first time in my entire life. And with it will be mine and Torben's coronation. My father will fulfil his promise and make us a recognised monarchy that can expand on our territory. It's something Torben has always dreamed of for the rogues and I'm so happy for him that it's about to come true.

So what's missing?

It's what I came up here to figure out. I have everything I could ever dream of. A mate who loves me. A family who accepts me completely as well as my mate. Rogues that accept me as their Luna and soon-to-be queen.

My wolf stretches out in my mind. Preparing for the day she'll be able to stretch her legs for real. Eighteen years of not being able to shift has been torture for her but it's not just that. She wants to be with Torben's wolf, to meet her mate in person.

To be fully bo—

Oh my goddess!

Asmara?