10. Victory Afterparty

There will be no more age skipping from now on...

Enjoy!

-&-

Might need some editing.

✨🌘✨

-Asmara

I can hardly believe I've won, my entire being buzzing with excitement and happiness as I'm carried by my team towards the lake. Nearly everyone is cheering my name repeatedly as they praise my victory.

The sun has not long sunk behind the trees, the lake surrounded by hundreds of Wolven's, most of them dancing to the beat of the drums while others are jumping and splashing in the lake. Beautiful lights have been placed around, some on the ground while others have been carefully placed in the trees above, their twinkling glow reflecting of off the lake. It's a spectacular sight and I can hardly believe it's all for me.

It all feels like a distant dream, one where I'm at the centre of everyone's attention, but for once it's because I'm seen as strong, a warrior.

I no longer feel like the vulnerable, weak, little girl I used to be. The little girl who once prayed that she'd be accepted and that her terrifying reality would disappear.

For once in my life I feel powerful.

I can sense Reagan looking up at me, glancing down at him, his green eyes reflect pride and happiness for me even if it cost him a loss. That's how much he cares about me. He wants me to succeed even if he won't admit it. His actions tell me everything I need to know.

I smile at Reagan as my team carefully place me down on the ground at the edge of the lake, one of my male teammates yelling, "Hurray for Asmara!" He grabs my wrist and lifts my arm In the air as everyone cheers for me, including Reagan and Wyatt as they approach me.

My teammate releases my arm and I immediately wrap my arms around Reagan when he's close, careful to avoid the wounds I inflicted upon him. He's still fairly weak, the silver still pumping through his veins. He won't be back to his former self for at least another few hours. He reciprocates my hug, softly murmuring, "I'm proud of you."

My smile widens and I hug him tighter.

"Would you like to dance?" He whispers gently against my neck, shivers running down my spine. I nod my head in response and he leads us closer to where the drums are playing. Other Wolven's are dancing around us, the atmosphere filled with electric as everyone moves to the beat.

I enjoy the way I feel at ease in Reagan's arms, allowing my arms to wrap around his neck, my eyes blinking up at him through thick eyelashes. A smile graces his lips as he takes the lead, my feet moving to match his pace. It feels like we've been dancing for a lifetime, the world around me becoming fuzzy as I focus on gorgeous green eyes filled with love.

But everything must come to an end...

"Asmara," I can hear my Dad's voice, pulling away from Reagan to look up at proud, crimson eyes. Rylan and Hunter are with him, praises spilling from their lips.

Titan isn't with them, most likely patrolling the boarder with the trainee's.

It hurts my heart to say his name but Arif isn't here either. He's been MIA for just under a year now. No one knows what happened to him, my cousins, Alex and Kieran revealing nothing. Cammie's nonhelp either, Arif hid her away because he was afraid of something but again I'm not too caught up on that information.