7. There's No Reasoning with a Monster

I hope I haven't kept you waiting too long 😬.

Please enjoy and I'll try to update the next chapter before Thursday!

✨🌘✨

-Asmara

I'm woken by the sound of someone wracking their knuckles against my bedroom door, groggily opening my eyes to find that I had fallen asleep and Reagan is no longer here with me.

Where is he?

I climb out of bed, my nightgown brushing along the carpet as I head for the door before opening it to find my mum staring down at me with her soft, cobalt eyes. I rub my groggy ones whilst my mum says, "You need to come downstairs."

I pull my hand away from my eyes, a frown gracing my lips as I reply, "Why? What's wrong?"

"Arif and your father have just returned from Owen's house." My mum starts down the hall and begins to descend the stairs as I follow her.

My heart skips a beat and I'm now wide awake, asking desperately, "Did they find him?"

Is it over?

My hopes drop the second my mum sighs sadly, her voice sounds so tired when she has to admit, "They found him but it's much worse than we thought." Now I understand why my mum sounds so drained, she's tired of the threats. She had to deal with them before me and Wyatt were born and now that we're here, she's constantly worried for us and it's taking it's toll on her.

My mum is so strong keeping her head held high and running a kingdom even though she's constantly scared.

I admire her.

But I don't understand...

Owen has been caught so what could be worse than him?

"I want security tripled! Get the pups ready!"

I hear my dad yelling demands, his voice sounds beyond furious and it causes me to hesitate at the doorframe of my father's office. My mum lingers close to me, my view of my dad blocked by Titan's giant frame.

Arif is sat on the sofa with Rylan and Reagan, the three of them appearing extremely exhausted as my dad argues with Titan. Wyatt is also present, hovering on the right side of my father's desk anxiously.

Reagan must have left to help them when I feel asleep.

Titan argues against my father's demands, trying to reason with him, "They're too young. The pups won't be ready for at least a few years."

My father isn't in the mood to be reasonable, his wolf surfacing, "I don't give a fuck! That fucker hurt my daughter right under my nose and I'll be damned if I let him do it again!"

I don't understand how Titan is appearing unfazed by my dad's outburst. It's not even me he's yelling at and even I'm scared right now.

A heavy tone settles between my dad and Titan as they stare at each other hard. Titan refrains from yelling back, attempting to try and get through to my dad, using his own personal experience, "I know how angry you are. When I found out vampires attacked Trinity when she was pregnant, ending in her having a miscarriage, I was beyond pissed but acting foolishly isn't how we should react." The atmosphere appears to soften as my father listens, Titan continuing, "I won't risk the pups lives when I know they aren't ready."