19. A Little Too Much Wine

I hope you've all had a good week so far!

Enjoy!

✨🌘✨

- Asmara

Once Torben had left, I was left angry and seething.

I had, had it!

I can't understand him. First he's angry that I won't spill my personal baggage to him and then when I finally do, he's pissed even more. And to the point where he storms out on me without telling me where he's going or how long I'm going to be stuck in this room by myself.

Urgh... This whole morning has just been one giant headache.

I walk to his bedroom window and pull back the curtain, pouting at the sight of everyone else enjoying the fresh air while I have to be stuck inside. I pull away, allowing the curtain to fall back in place and angrily sit myself down on the bed. At least with this empty free time on my hands I might actually be able to figure a way out of this place.

I want to go back home... desperately.

I miss my mum and dad. I miss Wyatt...

I miss Reagan.

This is all my fault. I just had to drag him up that stupid mountain and prove to everyone that I could help just as much as them. But I'm not one of them, I never was, and now because of my own pathetic insecurity I've fucked everyone over.

Will they even forgive me if I go back?

Maybe they'll be better of without me. I'm sure most of them would agree with that even if they wouldn't want to admit it out loud.

Would going back be a mistake? After all, I'm a liability. I could try and make it out there on my own, far away from everyone. At least then I'd know they'd be safe and that's all I want for them even if it means never seeing them again. Maybe Torben will be too busy chasing me that he won't pursue his vengeance towards my father even if it's only temporary.

Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

I blankly stare at the corner of the room with my thoughts raging when the bedroom door finally opens. I don't look but from my peripheral vision, I see that it isn't Torben. They're figure is smaller and more femininely  pronounced.

"Asmara?"

I recognise Aisha's voice, seeing her close the door from the corner of my eye and walk into my line of sight. I scrunch my eyes to focus them before opening them to look up at her, "Why are you here?"

She narrows her eyes a little, not appreciating my harsh tone. "I was going to offer you the chance to leave this bedroom and get some proper air but-"

"No," I cut her off quickly, jumping to the edge of the bed with my feet now on the floor, "Please, I'd love the chance to leave this room."

It's going to be dark in a few hours but even just to get out until then will do me a hell of a lot of good. The only thing I'm slightly wary of is the thought of the other pack members. They hate me and I don't know if I'll be able to handle the dirty looks and harsh whispering without retorting back.