no good | k. omega

pairing: kenny omega x ivy (fem!oc)

plot: ivy isn't good for kenny. she has to let go.

genre: angst

warning: minimal swearing, death imagery (death used in order to describe something)

word count: 1.1k

author's note: rewatched twilight new moon and listened to roslyn and felt like breaking my own heart tnx.

-

she was avoiding him although it made her guilty. she didn't want to see him again, him and his wonderful lively face. the face that truly reflected how angelic he was.

it wasn't his fault, it never was and she just managed to rope him in her awful ideas everytime. he always ended up having to pay the price, not being as used to the mischief as dollface was. she really just wished she flipped him off when he first introduced himself, like she does to everyone but he captivated her so much and she couldn't resist getting to know the man.

she thought about this long and hard last night, probably while he was getting yelled at in his own home for something that wasn't even his fault.

she knew what she had to do. it wouldn't be easy. god knows how hard it's going to be for her but it was the right thing to do, for his sake. she can't just let her ruin and infect that man she loved.

he really was the only thing that kept her going the whole time they've known each other. either as friends or as lovers. it was going to hurt like hell when she does it and she doesn't think that it's gonna be a wound that time heals. it's going to be a permanent scar on her soul for the rest of her life. she'd rather not be selfish though, especially if it was him that's on the line.

her soul was damned, his wasn't. her soul was tarnished, his wasn't.

she wasn't gonna let her be the one to ruin him, not if she could help it. not if she could help him.

a life without her is the best life for him, she knew that and she also knew that he knew that, he was just so blinded by the love that kept getting him into trouble.

she was poison in his veins that kept him ecstatic. it drained the life out of him, slowly killing him, organ failure by organ failure but the poison kept him happy, sending shockwaves of serotonin to his brain. it wasn't healthy but a blindfold was put over his eyes and he couldn't see how bad she was for him.

she was able to avoid him for a while, during the whole school day they had never crossed paths but she knew that he knew that something was up, he always did. he let her avoid him.

later that day, she didn't want to go home yet, not to her rowdy and chaotic family. she needed sometime to herself, some peace and quiet and so she settles at the park where they always hang out.

the constant shouting of her family members and violence in the house was something that'll only make her already foggy brain sadder.

she waited for him there because she knew that he would come. there in the cold. she blew out, steam coming out of her mouth as she rubbed her worn our gloves together to create some warthm looking up at the sky with tears in her eyes.

and there he was, sitting next to her without a word. she could feel his eyes on her and she could feel the sadness and worry in them tugging on her soul.

"i got you in trouble again"

but he didn't say anything, of course he didn't. it always made her feel so guilty so he didn't dare say it out loud though she already knew the answer to her own question.

"how mad were your parents?"

he pressed his lips into a thin line before answering. "they've been worse, it's alright. you're alright"

her head shook as she chuckled. he was too naïve for his own good. "that doesn't make it alright, kenny. but i think it's time to actually make it alright"

he had no idea what she was talking about but he knew that it was nothing good, based on how she was avoiding him the whole day only to talk like this now.

"i'll stop putting you through all this. you never have to worry about me again, it'll be like i never existed" she nodded at him.

he rapidly shook his head at what he just heard. "no ivy, this-"

"no kenny, i-i'm no good for you okay? my home life, my problems, my mind... there's no saving me anymore. i'm done with myself.... but you kenny, you're- you're made for something more than this small town and i'm not gonna let myself ruin you, okay? this is for your own good" she said, tightening her coat around her frame before walking away from him.

it's not like he was going to quit on her that easily though, grabbing her hand to stop her.

"i'll decide what's good for me ivy. and you're good for me, you make happy"

she rubbed her hand over her face, frustrated. "stop being difficult kenny. please? happiness isn't everything" her voice cracked on the last word.

"ivy, you're being difficult. i know how you are and i know about your problems, how fucked up things can get but i'm here and i always will be" he pleaded with her.

"no kenny. i'm sorry. i always get you into trouble. i'm not gonna let myself fuck you up like how my parents fucked me up. i don't care if it's gonna hurt me and i don't care if i have good intentions. i'm not good for you and everyone knows it"

it was freezing cold outside and they were both glad that everyone else was in their house because they were raw right now. absolutely vulnerable.

"they don't know anything about us, about you and how you treat me. fuck, please don't do this to me, ivy.

they can talk all they want about you being a 'bad influence' but that's because they rather judge you than to get to know you and how kind you are inside. no one knows you like i do"

"i'd disagree. you're so blinded by love that you don't realize how shitty i am for you. you're changing, starting to be a bit more like me and i'm not gonna let that happen. i'm not gonna let you waste yourself and your potential to be a pathetic piece of shit who's destined for disaster. you don't ever have to worry about me again kenny, i'll stay out of your way. i love you"

slowly her figure was engulfed by the snow falling, disappearing. she left kenny crying, a feeling that made her heart heavy but she knew that she made the right choice.