drabble: fanfiction | m. jackson

pairing: matt jackson x reader

plot: reader gets caught reading matt jackson fanfiction by mister matt jackson himself. oopsies.

genre: humor/fluff

warning: n/a

author's note: thank you for reading!! feedback is always appreciated!! oh, and matt isn't married here!!

♡°•.♡•.°♡.•°.°♡.°♡°.○.°♡.°•♡•.•♡

the room was fairly quiet, when you took into consideration the men who you were in a room with: kenny omega, matt jackson, and nick jackson. to the rest of the world, the latter two are the young bucks. debatably the best tag team of this day and age. and when those two are with kenny omega, debatably the best wrestler in the world, they are the elite, a trio that has changed the world: the wrestling world. to you though, they were just kenny - or kenneth, or ken - , matt - or matthew - , and nick - or nicholas.

you met them in 2015 while you were traveling, going to the hotel you were staying at and getting stuck in the elevator with them for forty five minutes. after the initial panic that the four of you had, you were able to have a decent chat with them, first about contacting the hotel about the mishap, then about previous elevator-related predicaments you've all experienced and from there, the conversation flowed naturally from one topic to another.

numbers were exchanged, then facebooks. you soon found out that they were wrestlers and you - being a wrestling fan - couldn't help but be giddy at the fact that you befriended wrestlers. you didn't even know how big they would get back then. they were happy that you were a fan so they didn't have to explain what wrestling is and the isn't-wrestling-fake talk didn't have to occur.

throughout all the years and the fortune and fame that came their way, they still remained to be the same goofy, fun-loving men you've met back in that awfully cramped elevator years ago. you guys still message each other everyday and hang out whenever you can, like today.

the four of you were in your house, hanging out in your bedroom. you and matt were on the opposite sides of your bed, kenny sat on the floor parallel to the bed and nick sat on the chair.

it has been about two hours since they arrived and in those two hours, you guys ate, had some fun, and talked about how each of your lives were as well as whatever topics came to mind. the elite get-together has now taken a more calm turn though, with all of you on your devices and just having some music silently play in the background.

your evp buddies were all busy with work. kenny just got off a call with his colleagues five minutes ago. you could tell it was for a new pay-per-view so you tuned a lot of it out, wanting to be surprised, while matt and nick were typing away. you could only assume that they were reading through and answering emails. however, you busied yourself by reading fanfiction on tumblr, matt jackson fanfiction, to be exact.

one of the writings made you laugh, catching the boys' attention. the older jackson brother raised an eyebrow at you and you completely panicked, quickly shaking your head at him "it's nothing guys! just some stupid thing" but another giggle passed through your lips as you said that.

you enjoyed reading through a couple more - some of them were bad and downright trashy but you couldn't lie, some of them were actually really good and well written and even made you blush - completely unaware of matt's eyes on you since the first time you caught their attention with your uncontrolled laughter. he was curious. you never really hid things from them, especially not things you found funny. you were usually the one to pull them out of the bench press at the gym and shove their face into your cellphone screen to show them a funny animal video you came across on twitter. this was unusual behavior from you.

you clicked on another one written by a blog that you were now unironically fond of, - the plot seemed innocent and romantic enough, yet the warnings suggested something a little more sexy - but had to take a bathroom break. you set your phone down on your bed, face down and went to the bathroom.

matt immediately grinned, reaching for your phone, his head snapping up when he heard someone tsk at him. kenny was looking directly at him shaking his head.

"c'mon man, don't tell me you're not interested in what [y/n] was laughing at." matt pleaded with him. kenny just sighed and looked back at his laptop.

with that, matt continued with what he was doing. he opened your phone - knowing your passcode, as you told him once since he's your best friend - and gasped at what he saw.

"oh my god,"

kenny and nick peeked at their friend, their curiosity getting the better of them as well. "what is it?"

he had the biggest, smugest grin on his face. "it's fanfiction about me."

and on cue, you walked into the room, immediately freezing when you saw your phone in matt's hand. the smile he wore didn't help you out as well.

"so, fanfiction, huh?"

you stuttered to explain yourself, but failed. you weren't able to get out a single coherent thought.

"the plot is.. really romantic, [y/n]. do you.. like me?"

you couldn't really embarrass yourself anymore than you already had so you decided to be honest. "well, yeah." you shrugged casually, looking down at the floor, not noticing matt walking towards you and cupping your cheeks in his hands when he was finally in front of you, pressing a kiss to your lips.

"i'm glad you said that, [y/n]"