the consequences of a certain lost item | kenny omega

pairing: kenny omega x reader

plot: well it's basically matt being the best and worst friend in the history of friends.

genre: general

warning: none

word count: 2k

author's note: at first, i didn't really have the inspiration for this, but then, when i thought of the plot i used, it got so much fun. it's a fun bit, i think. hope you all enjoy!!

♡°.•.°♡•.°○•♡.○°○.•.°♡°.○•♡.•°○♡

"wait a minute, isn't that kenny's shoot name?"

"uh, yes, it is"

"tyson smith, right?"

"'please claim a lost item' what did he forget?"

"he knocked over a muffin and forgot his passport,"

that was kenny.

it was the silliest thing ever and he really did not care about what people on social media said -- even if he didn't actually check the comments because of the usual negativity, when in reality, during this particular happening, people just said that it was relatable. but even though, after this, he got a bit paranoid. he was planning on carrying something precious and priceless, dare he say, more important than his passport and boarding pass.

the item in question being the ring he's planning on proposing to you with.

it's a custom ring. he couldn't see anything in the ring shops he went to that seemed like your taste. even if he had already went to five shops now, it was like there was something wrong with every ring he saw. it wasn't like him to give someone he loved with every fiber of his being something he isn't proud of or pleased with, so instead of giving you one of those rings he didn't actually like, he searched up a few ring shops online, designed his own ring for you, and had it custom made.

it's a bit pricey - because really, no matter how simple or elegant the ring is, if it's custom made, it's still going to be more expensive than your usual ring - and a lot of hard work between him and the ring maker went into it. to add to that, it is, quite literally, the only one of its kind so he made it a mission to not lose it somewhere. money wasn't so much of a problem, rather, this one was already perfect. even if he had enough money to get fifty more custom rings made, he didn't think it would be as perfect as this one and he wanted nothing short of perfection for you.

him almost losing his things in the airport all because of a single distracting muffin made him more paranoid and anxious. he hasn't felt this nervous for a flight in ages.

i can't lose this. i can't. i already want to propose to them. i don't want to wait for a new ring to be made. what if a new ring can't even be made? what if i lose this then send the company the sketch for the ring again and they aren't able to make it as perfect as this one?

kenny's mind was racing faster than he could actually process it and really, this overthinking could have went on for hours, if it wasn't for the young bucks opening the door to his room. due to his current state though, he didn't even notice the two. he just kept on pacing along the length of the hotel room, sneakers loudly scruffing against the cheap carpet beneath him, arms crossed and muttering to himself.

his words came out of his mouth too fast and neither matt nor nick was able to piece anything together. it was all inaudible noise to them, but to kenny, it was like uncontrollable static that kept on drilling itself into his brain. the worst part was that he couldn't brush it off as unimportant. it wasn't one of the irrational things he uncontrollably worries about at times. this one is actually important and something he cares very much about. it concerned you - the love of his life, possibly, hopefully, soon fiancee - for one.