new year's headcannons #1 | kenny omega

♡ kenny omega new year's headcannons ♡

♡ he probably isn't one of those people who really celebrate new year's eve.

♡ like, yeah he gets up sometimes, but he isn't one to go out to new year's eve parties. him being the kenny omega, he gets invited to quite a few of them every year, but just isn't him. parties in general just isn't very kenny.

♡ nevertheless, he enjoys watching the fireworks light up the dark night sky. he can't say the same for how loud it gets though. he can recall some new year's eves where all he wants to do is sleep and he can be caught covering his ears with his pillows, trying to drown out the volume of the sounds.

♡ you guys ate new year's eve dinner around the same time you always get regular dinner, only you ate some of your favorite food to celebrate.

♡ prepping was very fun though. you couldn't deny that.

♡ every so often, while you were chopping up the ingredients, he'd wrap his arms you making your squeal as you turn around in his arms.

♡ you'd playfully smack his chest, then tell him to go back to his own cooking duties.

♡ "kenny! we'd never get anything done at this pace!"

♡ he'll pout down at you, peck your lips then go back to whatever he was doing before he so rudely interrupted you.

♡ "you're lucky i love you."

♡ "mhmm. you'll be thanking me when we don't finish cooking everything at nine in the evening, kenneth."

♡ kenny also said that it would be wise to sleep earlier than you usually do because you'd most likely get woken up around midnight. so that's what both of you did.

♡ it was a good idea became as he predicted, you guys woke up around eleven in the evening because of all the rukus around your house.

♡ there was no point in trying to go back to sleep. you knew you'd just get woken up again, so kenny scooped you out of bed and into the sofa in your living room.

♡ he put in a video game disk in the console and grinned at you, taking the seat next to you and dropping a controller on your lap.

♡ you guys played mario kart for a few minutes until kenny got "bored".

♡ and by bored, i mean frustrated because you kept on winning but kenny being.. well.. kenny.. just said that he was getting bored. you knew him better than that. knew how competitive he can be in and out of the ring. he hated losing, but if he had to lose to someone, he's glad it was to you.

♡ when kenny glanced at the clock above the tv, he smirked.

♡ "if we watch your favorite episode of [your favorite show] right now, it'd end right at midnight."

♡ thinking that was pretty neat, you put it on, snuggling into kenny's chest further. the cold december-january air bit at your skin and settled deep into your bones and only kenny's body heat could help you. or at least that was the option you liked the best.

♡ like he said, it ended right as fireworks began to paint themselves on the black sky. the stunning contrast was breathtaking.

♡ before you could walk over to the balcony in your bedroom in order to admire it more, kenny's fingertips were on the bottom of your chin, lifting them up and his lips were on yours in an instant.

♡ "happy new year, baby. here's to another step towards spending eternity with you."