memories| kenny omega

memories

pairing: kenny omega x reader

plot: kenny making the reader cry.. by being the best boyfriend ever

genre: fluff

warning: n/a

word count: 3.5k

author's note: hey.. so i kinda.. lost control? nonnie, i am so sorry, but this ain't a drabble eisjwjsjne. i'm willing to rewrite it if you want?

also god this request?? amazing. i daydream about this all the time. anon, i think you and i share a braincell. anyways, my end goal here is to have y'all (and me) saying god i wish that were me.

♡°.•.°♡○•.°.●♡•.°●°♡.•°○.•♡.○.●♡

it's a whirlwind in the room that you are currently in, three of your best friends running all around you and touching, fixing up your attire and hair, making sure that there wasn't a strand out of place.

"how's that? too tight? can you breathe? it looks good. you good?"

"this damn section of hair! cooperate! it's a special day!"

they pulled, tapped, smoothed out, pushed everywhere. there were hands all over the place, all making sure you looked picture perfect on your special day.

your stomach felt queasy all the way through, not in a getting cold feet type of way, but more so in a "i can't believe this is finally happening" kind of way. you've always wanted this to happen ever since you met kenny. you've always known he was the one. whenever you talked to your friends about him and told them that you wanted to marry him, some of them laughed it off, telling you were naive or "it's impossible to tell that at the stage you're in, [y/n]. give it some time before proposing to the man!" but there were times where you knew. where you get that good feeling in your gut and you just know.

this is one of those times.

"okay, i think it's done." you couldn't recognize whose voice that is, your mind clouded by your thoughts. all you knew was that you're in front of a mirror and they were giving you some space. time to see how you looked like? whether you think they did a nice job?

you stared at yourself for a while, not exactly recognizing the person stood in front of you. this stranger's smile was bright, their eyes filled with emotions and a love for life. their cheeks were a light shade of red. you couldn't tell whether it was makeup or natural pigmentation.

"c'mon, [y/n], don't leave us hanging here." there were nerves in their voice, clearly scared by your lack of words and just wanting to know whether they gave you your dream look. the voice was shaky as they said that.

turning your head to face them, you gave a bigger smile. "i love it,". they let out a sound of delight, clapping their hands together before hugging you. "oh [y/n], i'm so glad!"

they sniffled before turning so you were both facing the mirror, and their arm was still squeezing you. "i can't believe you're getting married now. it seems like just yesterday you tripped and landed on your face while playing tag."

you rolled your eyes, lifting your hand to gently swat their arm, but they were faster. they grabbed your hand before pulling you towards the door gently, getting something - you couldn't tell what it is. probably something you're gonna need later when you're finally reunited with him - from the table and dragging you towards the door where you're gonna make your appearance.

they gave you the thing they got from the table then held your wrists in their hands. "okay, i need to go to my seat now. you got this okay?" they leaned over to peck your cheek and hug you for the nth time that day. "this is my last time hugging a not-married [y/n]." you could see that there were tears in their eyes as pulled away and began walking to the guestroom.