halloweenie, hallowhiner, halloween | kenny omega

pairing: kenny omega x reader

prompt: #8 carving pumpkins with each other & #31 "okay, maybe this day isn't so bad, but i'm still not dressing up"

genre: general, maybe some humor?

warning: n/a

word count: 1k

author's note: halloween has been almost a month ago, but here ya go. better late than never, am i right?

♡°.○°♡.°.•♡•.○♡●.°.○♡°○.•♡°.○♡

for weeks and weeks and weeks prior to halloween, kenny has been begging you to wear the costume he has picked out for the occasion, but much to his dismay, you thought that it looked ridiculous. in fact, even though adorable, you also believed that the way he went all out for the thirty-first day of october was also ridiculous, not that you'd ever tell him.

since the first day of october hit and a red orange leaf floated over his head, whenever you and kenny were laying in bed together, you would notice him on his phone in random shopping websites scrolling through different halloween costumes and every so often, he'd gently nudge you with his elbow, asking you for your opinion on his latest pick. your response has always been the same every single time. you'd gaze at him with a look of disbelief in your eyes and shake your head, "yeah, no. sorry babe."

but what could you say? he's relentless and stubborn and pays close attention to you. there was  a time when he asked you for your opinion on one of the many matching costumes he has picked out and you hesitated in giving your usual disinterested response, and of course, he noticed that. little did you know, he secretly bought it with the intent of getting you to match costumes with him for the special day. in addition to that, he also bought two pumpkins for you two to carve when halloween rolls around.

you had absolutely no idea of these until the day came and kenny flashed you a smile that let you let that he's up to no good.

he was clad in clothing that was mostly definitely not for usual day to day wear, that was most definitely a halloween costume. then to confirm your notion, he pulled a costume from behind his back and grinned at you, lightly swaying the clothes from side to side and gesturing to it as if he was an actor in an online shopping commercial, as if that made it more appealing for you to put on.

you sighed, rolling your eyes, and shaking your head. "no way am i wearing that." the last word rolled off of your tongue with an amount of disgust that kenny heavily disapproved of. "c'mon babe! it's gonna be fun!" he said, trying his best to convince you, but much like him, you're also relentless and stubborn. "no. way."

he only huffed at you in return, mumbling "fun sucker" under his breath and walking back up the stairs to hopefully put the costume back into the closet where it belongs.

as soon as he got back downstairs though, you noticed that the look on his face implied that he's not done just yet. he looked way too giddy for your comfort.

he basically ran into the kitchen and a little "babe, come into the kitchen with me." which signaled you to follow him in.

it was a mistake. you should have just went upstairs and buried yourself under the warm blankets of your bed or hid from your boyfriend. those two options would probably be safer than what greeted you on the dining table.

on the dining table were two large pumpkins as well as several dangerous, sharp, and frankly, frightening looking tools and at the head of the table was kenny smiling at you with the biggest grin on his face.

"if you're not gonna wear the costume with me, then you have to at least carve a pumpkin with me, babe." the hopeful, bright smile he had plastered on his face was one that you thought was irresistible and you hated yourself for it. it showed off his dimples and all of his teeth, along with the little gap between his two front teeth that you always thought was so charming and cute. it wasn't as cute when it was practically compelling you to do something you didnt want to though.

with a heavy heart and a hunched back, you groaned out a fiiine against your will. the way your boyfriend's eyes lit up and smile deepened almost made it worth it. almost.

you two grabbed an apron from the kitchen to use so you don't get pumpkin guts on your shirt, before sitting down at the dining table and beginning to work on your respective pumpkins.

much to your surprise, you enjoyed every second of it. hours flew by with just you and kenny carving silly, scary faces into your pumpkins. the only thing that pulled you back down to reality was the doorbell ringing.

after looking at the clock across from you, you didn't have to peer through the peephole to know that it was most likely the first batch of trick or treaters for the night.

kenny rose from his seat, calling out a "wait a minute!" to give himself time to wash his hands. he raised an eyebrow at you. "you sure you don't want to put on the costume?"

you put down the dull knife that  you used to add some spookier texture to your pumpkin's features that was in your hand, leaning back and admiring your handiwork. you really did do a great job for someone who hasn't carved a jack o' lantern for a while.

"positive, kenny. maybe this day isn't so bad, but i'm still not dressing up." you gave him a tight lipped, sarcastic smile.

"mmm, so you're just gonna let the trick or treaters down like that?" he asked as he grabbed the mask that came with his costume, now walking towards the front door to greet the little children who are looking to get some candy.

you chuckled, standing up and starting to clean up the mess you two have made on the table. "i don't care, kenny. you can answer the door. fuck 'em kids."