rise of the jerkminator | kenny omega & hangman page

pairing: kenny omega x reader x hangman page

prompt: #25 "stop messing with the lights, it's not funny!"

genre: humor

warning: horror movies i guess? nothing too descriptive

word count: 1.4k

author's note: heelbucks has corrupted me and i have decided to do hangy/reader/kenny in a poly relationship iwjsnwjsn. this is a bit short, but it's a good time, i promise! i had a lot of fun writing this.

♡°.○.•♡●°.○•♡•.°•♡.•°.•○♡°○•°•♡

sometimes you really hated the fact that kenny was one of the exclusive vice presidents of all elite wrestling. not to say that you were needy, but you just liked having him around. you enjoyed his company, and so did page. that's the reason why the three of you are in this relationship in the first place. the times where all three of you are all together are so much more fun than the times where something has kept you apart and you could only be with one of them.

it's october, kenny's favorite season and you absolutely despised not having him around all the time. especially during times where hangman invited you to do autumn-things that you knew kenny would love to do, but you couldn't stop being a good partner to hangman just because kenny wasn't there. that wouldn't be fair, so whenever hangman invited you to do something, as long as you felt up to it, you'd agree. you would do the same for kenny too in the situation that hangman was away.

today, adam has invited you to watch horror movies with him. to an extent, you wanted to say no because kenny was in a meeting with tony khan and the other evps about full gear but the damn cowboy pulled the puppy dog eyes on you. he very clearly knew your weakness because how could you say no to that face? he said that he's been itching to watch something scary since the morning, but out of respect for your other boyfriend, he didn't say anything. now he was sick of waiting and just wanted to watch some season-appropriate movies and cuddle up with you, hopefully with some hot cocoa too.

even when you had said yes, you still tried to stall for a bit to give kenny a chance to catch up. at first, you already cooked a simple dinner for you and your boyfriends because you were sure - based from past experiences - that once the movie train gets going, it's not gonna stop until one o'clock in the morning when all three of you are fighting your droopy eyelids to stay up, or losing that fight and having either kenny or adam carry your sleeping body to the bedroom. it's gonna be hard to pull away and do chores like cooking. next, you warmed up some of hangman's favorite cookies, then made extra special hot cocoa, making it the way you liked it the best, and made a pillow fort with adam all while his country records were playing the in the background.

you couldn't wait for kenny forever though, and when the clock struck six, the both of you got started, putting on the first - of many - film with dinner, cookies, and hot cocoa in front of you.

after a long while of screaming, covering your eyes - while peaking in between your fingers -, and gasping, you were on your third movie and you somehow ended up in adam's arms, providing you comforting warmth against the cold fall weather.

your dinner along hangman's was long finished, while kenny's meal was in the microwave. the cookies would have been finished a long time ago too, if you hadn't slapped adam's swiping hand every time he tried to grab his eleventh one, playfully glaring at him and saying "save some for kenny,". your other boyfriend already wasn't able to make it to movie night - he would be so disappointed, but you would make it up to him. after all, there would be more than one movie marathon during spooky season, you were sure of that - you didn't want him to not get a taste of the delicious homemade - you all made them, thankfully, together a few days ago - cookies too. leftover hot cocoa was still by the stove. you were grateful that hangman was too comfortable where he was and didn't want to stand up to get kenny's portion of the cocoa -- yes, they might be behaved when it comes to you and don't get territorial or greedy or anything like that, but they sure did fight over food and the shower's warm water a lot. however, the mugs in front of the both of you were now empty.

you and hangman were too lazy to put the empty dishes in the sink.

the scene in the movie you're watching now is tense and quiet. you feel yourself grasping adam's bicep because of how nervous you are, when all of a sudden, the scene gets very loud. the living room of your house fills with the screams of you, your boyfriend, and the protagonist, all yelling in unison.

you breathlessly laughed when it was over, looking over to hangman who has a bit of a smile on his face as well. you had a hand over your chest as you tried to even out your breathing.

"that was good,"

he nodded at your statement, agreeing with it. "yeah, it was,"

it didn't feel like a cheap scare, although it did scare the audience with a loud, sudden noise. the build up to it throughout the whole movie was great and masterful. the director obviously knows what they're doing.

when a few minutes pass, you and hangman are back to your relaxed state, breathing even, and cuddling next to each other in the cute pillow fort you guys made.

all of a sudden though, the lights turned on and off. normally, this wouldn't phase you. lights acted up all the time, especially when they haven't been replaced in a long time, which was the case for the kitchen light which was dimly illuminating the room -- and is now turning on and off. during this time though, because of the movies you just watched with your boyfriend, it frightened you, making you squeeze your eyes shut so tightly it hurt, tighten your embrace on hangman, and let out a scared squeal.

you felt adam hold you a bit tighter too, although you didn't know if it was because he was frightened or surprised. he didn't make that scared sound you just did a few seconds ago, but you did hear him mutter a "what the fuck?" under his breath.

"i'm gonna fix that light, you stay here." he let go of you, laying you down on the pillows and blankets below you, before standing up to fix the lights.

you silently applauded his bravery when you cupped your hands around your mouth and jokingly yell-whispered "don't die!" at him. obviously, you knew it wasn't whatever you just watched in your house, but that didn't mean you were scared any less. definitely not.

you let out another scream once he got to the light switch because he let one out too which was because someone else let out a deep-voiced yell at him, jumping out of the shadows in a mask. you couldn't see it clearly because of the flickering lights and distance though.

"stop messing with the lights, it's not funny!" you heard the cowboy say, his voice higher than its usual pitch, but still carrying the lighthearted tone you loved so much.

finally, the lights stopped flickering, the movie playing long forgotten and you recognized the man pulling off the mask from his face, revealing a mass of curly black hair. hair that used to be blonde, but you and hangman helped dye black and blue a few weeks ago.

"kenny!"

you ran over to him, basically jumping into his arms. he knew you well enough to put his arms out to catch you before his brain actually registered you bounding over to his direction.

"hey baby," he kissed the top of your head, then placing a quick one on your lips.

"you're such a jerk." you huffed, gently smacking his chest. you didn't look behind you, but you already knew hangman was nodding to your statement.

"well you guys were watching horror movies without me," he pouted up at you. you let out a small apology at that. kenny did really enjoy watching movies with you and you'd be lying through your teeth if you said that you didn't feel a bit guilty for watching without him.

"i'll let you know, i stopped adam from drinking your hot cocoa-" your eyes widened when your eyes wandered towards the stove.

"adam! adam that's kenny's!!"