drabble: distracted | k. omega

pairing: kenny omega x arabella (fem!oc)

prompt: kenny gets a bit distracted during practice.

genre: general

warning: n/a

author's note: oh arabella's a cheerleader? then why didn't we get anything in the first one shot? because i'm a dumbass what's why. anyways.

-

it had been a few months after arabella gave her number to kenny, seven months to be exact and within those seven months, they have been in a relationship for five but still, kenny couldn't believe it. and he wasn't alone. arabella's friends still didn't approve of the relationship, jack was taking it hard specifically.

jack relentlessly pursued her and to him, it seemed like she was interested but after she broke the news about her relationship, she was questioned about her state with jack and she explained that the only reason she didn't ask jack to bug off was that she was just trying to be nice. as you can imagine, he didn't take that too kindly and has been out for kenny ever since but it's not like arabella would allow jack to lay a hand on her boyfriend anyways.

arabella kissed her boyfriend on the cheek before going to the girl's changing room and putting on her cheerleading uniform, heading off to the field and kenny did the same.

the next track and field meet was getting closer and closer so he had to put in more effort during practice and had to really push himself. it had been no problem during the last couple of weeks but today, arin spotted a bit of a problem. he knew how infatuated kenny was with arabella and the fact that they were going to have practice at the same time on only the opposite side of the field, it smells like trouble.

for the first few minutes, it had been smooth sailing for the curly haired blonde, being able to focus at the task at hand and nothing else. he proved why he was in the varsity team and why he was deserving of the spot, running faster and better than everyone else there but as commotion from the other side of the field stirred up, trouble concentrating started to arise.

the build up was slow burn, arabella's voice became sterner as one of the cheerleaders kept on messing up and it echoed in kenny's mind instead of the usual voice telling him to keep going. the glances to her direction became more frequent, one time she caught him staring and threw him a wink making him stumble much to his coach's dismay.

but finally, he managed to pull through. the practice was over, the same couldn't be said for arabella's case though and now his coach was asking around and doing his daily inspirational speech.

kenny took the time to just look at his girlfriend high in the sky as she was tossed up, posing when she got to her spot and shaking her pom poms. she was graceful and the sun's golden rays pouring down on the field gave a halo around her head.

"oi, omega!" his face flushed red when the coach shouted his name, realizing he got caught.

again.

in front of the whole team.

and the cheerleaders could hear.

including arabella.

goshdarnit