2d men | kenny omega

2d men

pairing: dad!kenny omega x adopted child!gender neutral, teenage, unnamed oc.

plot: does kenny wish that "how to deal with your teenager who's completely in love with an anime character" was in parenting books or does he find this entertaining? i guess we'll never know.

genre: humor

warning: n/a

word count: 1k

author's note: this is totally not about me, nope. totally not me going through my haikyuu!! phase (bestie, if you follow me on twitter, you better hype up that bokuto fancam >:[ jk jk, unless?).

♡•.○°.♡○.•°•♡°•○°.♡●°•.○♡.°•.♡

kenny tapped the end of his fork against the kitchen table impatiently. his lips were pursed, and his eyes looked less than pleased at what was currently happening, or what was not currently happening, to be more specific.

he'd told them that dinner was ready almost ten minutes ago, and that he had cooked their  favorite yet here they are, still locked in their bedroom and nowhere to be found. it was so unlike them.

kenny and them, as father and child had a pretty good relationship. at least he thought so. they communicated often so as a result, they were never really scared of telling him anything. they would gush to him about their crushes in school, ask him for relationship advice, and tell him about the latest gossip circling their workspace. as a father, he tried his best to not invalidate their hobbies and passions in life, no matter how weird they are to him. he wouldn't be that type of parent, not if he can help it.

and most of the time, as long as they weren't busy with schoolwork or on the phone with one of their friends - i'm sorry dad. i'll be down as soon as i can; this is an emergency - they would be bounding down the stairs once dinner was ready because he's away often and they milked the time when he's home.

the last couple of days though, they'd be going to the dining room minutes after their dad has told them that dinner was cooked.

and the worst part is that it's kind of his fault.

they have recently gotten into the anime haikyuu!!. sure they've watched some animes before. who hasn't at this point? but this is different. they found themselves completely enamoured with it, unable to last a day without watching at least ten episodes of it.

and he was the one to get them into it.

with a final huff, a large amount of air puffing in and out of his stubble covered cheeks, he began to stomp up the stairs.

he completely understood their love for the animation as it was one of his favorites too, and he was the one who recommended it to their kid in the first place, but this was too much. kenny knew that they shouldn't prioritize watching netflix over sustenance like this. as a loving father who only wanted the best for them and nothing less, he wouldn't tolerate it.

he knocked on the door loudly. he knew if he didn't do it with that amount of force, they wouldn't be able to hear him. he pressed his ear against it then, and sighed in relief when their footsteps were audible, moving towards where he was.

the door opened and revealed their excited face, topped with disheveled black hair. their eyes were wide with emotion and they were shaking as well. the grin on their face let him know that it positive emotions were the ones running through their veins and he was glad.

"dinner's ready."

they rolled their eyes playfully -- kenny knew there was no malice or disrespect intended behind them. "i know, dad. i just finished season three and was about to go downstairs." they shrugged.

left with nothing else to say, he turned on his heel and walked down the stairs. "wait, didn't you just start season two yesterday?!?" he backtracked, looking behind him, right at the teenager.

they smiled at him ruefully, scratching the back of their neck. "yeah."

he stared at them and shook his head. they're more similar than what he liked.

they plopped down on the wooden chair by the table. dinner, as well as plates and forks and spoons were already on it. all that's left was to scoop some food into it. "bokuto's so cute~" they said, putting their chin on their palm and staring off into space dreamily.

"he's too adorable for his own good."

kenny sat quietly in front of them, putting food onto his plate. he understood what they meant about kotaro bokuto. he really was such a lovable character with a charming personality, but he didn't exact know what to say, or if he should even say anything or if he should let them ramble on about fukurodani's ace, the man with the frosted tips who needed all the praise in the world.

"i'd give him all the praise he wants. its not like it's gonna be a challenge." they stuffed their face with food, chewing aggressively as they wanted to speak again and they would not do that with a full mouth.

they grabbed their phone from the space on the table beside their plate and clicked around a lot. usually kenny wouldn't let gadgets on the dinner table, but he felt a bit.. awkward right now and didn't have it in him to remind them.

"look at him dad! look at him!" they waved the phone around in his face and it showed a clip of him encouraging the white-haired, glasses-wearing man to eat meat -- you gotta eat meat tsuki dude.

kenny chuckled as he took another bite. "he is pretty neat, isn't he?"

to that, his adopted kid shook their head. "bokuto's more than neat, dad. he's just.. i don't know... he has himbo tendencies and i just can't." they buried their head in their hands.

wait, what's a himbo? people on twitter call me that a lot. are himbos cool or...?

their phone was being waved around in his face again, but this time, it was showing a clip of the character his kid loved so much eating watermelon. "look! not a thought in his head! not a single one! ugh. and don't get me started on his oya oya and his hey hey hey!! he's just ugh. why can't he exist in real life?" they put their face flush against the dinner table. "i love him so much~"

kenny just laughed at his teen that was completely infatuated with a 2d man.

all of a sudden, they gasped and gawked at their dad. "did you name kotaro krusher after him???"