just another story in the book | matt jackson

pairing: matt jackson x reader

prompt: based on the song WILSHIRE by tyler the creator

genre: angst. no fluff or a happy ending.

warning: some cursing, mentions of almost vomiting

word count: 5k

author's note: ... so this kinda because kenny omega fanfiction too because of the premise of the song so if you don't like him one) what are you doing here? not saying you can't dislike him but like, most of the things i write are for him, and two) this may not be for you.

votes, likes, and reblogs appreciated!

♡°.•°♡○.•.♡•.°○.•♡•.°.○♡•°.●•.♡

he'd like to think he doesn't regret much in his life. he's successful, has everything he's ever wanted, is living his dream alongside his brother, has women and men alike lining up at the chance to be with him, hell even just to spend a single night with him. what does he have to regret?

god, that party. that goddamned fucking party where he met you. he regrets going to it with every single fiber of his being. even so, he can't get himself to regret meeting you, to regret talking to you that fateful night because you made him so happy, the way no one else did and when you first talked, he really thought you were it. and that's probably the part that sucks the most: how the both of you connected, had undeniable chemistry, but you still ended up just being another story in the book.

his friend iwaizumi was begging him, begging him to go to some party. the reason why, he has no idea. he's not exactly a party person. he can be loud and obnoxious sometimes, yeah, but that side of matt jackson usually came out only when he was with his friends. for pete's sake, he was straight edge! in spite of that, iwaizumi was a lot of things and persistent was one of them.

matt found himself questioning his smarts when he called nick a few minutes before going to the party. iwaizumi was supposed to pick him up so they could carpool, but he still wanted to know if his little brother knew where they were going. he almost heard the smirk in nick's laugh when they talked on the phone. "i'm not going to the party, man. you know that's not my scene."

he spluttered "but hajime-"

"told him i was sick." nick paused to let out a hearty laugh. "i agreed with him when he first asked. then i texted him this morning and told him i was sick."

matt didn't know whether to be annoyed at his brother or himself when the other man on the line muttered "i can't believe you didn't think of that." under his breath.

the next thing he heard was the doorbell ringing and apparently nick heard it too because he chimed a "have fun!" before hanging up.

matt heaved out a heavy sigh as he checked himself out in the mirror. sure, he may not have wanted to be there, ideally, he wanted to rest for the next string of wrestling shows coming up in a few months, but he wanted to look good nonetheless.

the doorbell rang once again when he was slicking back his hair, his brown locks tied in a manbun that rested on the back of his neck. "wait a sec!" he called, his face over his shoulder, then returned to looking at his reflection once again. he smoothed out his black button down shirt and matching black skinny jeans. "take all the time you need matthew! we can be fashionably late!" the athletic trainer outside his house said. matt's eyebrows furrowed at the use of "fashionably late". it didn't seem like something the iwaizumi hajime would say.