daddy issues | k. omega

pairing: kenny omega x darling (fem!oc)

plot: kenny and darling has been dating for a while now but there are still some boundaries that she'd rather not take, some that kenny isn't aware of.

genre: kinda angsty

warning: ☆ daddy issues ☆

word count: 2k

author's note: this one's to all the readers who has a bad relationship with their dads. woop woop.
-

dynamite just ended a few minutes ago and they were in the bus with don, the bucks and the good brothers, just chatting and catching up.

yes, kenny kept his connection with his friends and family. the ones he made in japan as well as the ones he made back in canada but darling had a smaller circle than his and it mostly consisted of their mutual friends. specifically, elite members that she met when she joined the bullet club in 2016. this was her first time meeting karl and doc but not the first with callis, having met him a few years ago at an omega family dinner.

there she was accepted as one of their own, already a part of the family even though her and kenny weren't engaged nor married yet. they actually quite fond of the fact that kenny was in a relationship with a wrestler that was just as enamoured with the sport just as he was, worried about how much kenny loved professional wrestling and that it would drive a wedge between him and his partner but when they met darling, they knew that it wasn't going to be the case.

darling loved them too, toughing the cold canadian climate, a total 180° from what she grew up in order to visit them with her boyfriend during special occasions or whenever the opportunity came up. that cemented how serious they were in the relationship and that they were in it to win it.

when they finally arrived at the hotel, the self proclaimed bullet club separated, each retreating to their own rooms.

darling was glad, as selfish as it was, to have kenny all to herself after having to share him week in and week out and she showed that to kenny by how she kissed him deeply when they entered the room, sparing no moment to get close to him, wrapping her arms around his neck. and kenny kissed her back just as deeply, smiling into it.

he gripped her waist as they pulled away from each other, the smile still plastered on his face. "what's up with you?"

she shrugged her shoulders, "am i not allowed to be affectionate towards my boyfriend?"

"well, you're not usually this affectionate, darling. excuse me if i was a little surprised. not that it's a bad thing though" he trailed off, he pulled her body closer to his, enveloping her smaller frame into his.

her hands found their way towards his curls, running her fingers through them and massaging his scalp making him sigh contentedly. "i missed uncle don, i'm glad to see him and to be able to work with him" he muttered. she just let him continue, knowing that he had a lot on his mind as of late.

she wanted to know, she always did but it was in his nature to keep things from people, even those he trusted with his life and it's not easy for him to open up. she wasn't going to force him to if he wasn't comfortable with it. with kenny, there's always a date and time for everything. he knew his limits. at this point she already knew that and she trusted him to know that she'll be there when he needed her, whenever that may be.

"i-i know that there are people who have it so much worse than me, here i am standing in a good hotel with my perfect girlfriend with my dream job working with my friends and family but-" he trailed off