away | k. omega

pairing: kenny omega x sunshine (fem!oc)

prompt: "do you like it when i'm away? if i went and hurt my body, baby, would you love me the same?"

genre: fluff

warning: alcohol (wine)

word count: 2.5k

author's note: n/a

-

another tour, another number  of weeks without kenny. this one was on the longer, worse side though. after a year of being the best bout machine's significant other, sunshine was all too used to it at this point, but not used to it at all at the same time, if that made any sense, she's seemed to give up all hope on making things make sense at this point.

not being besides kenny when she went to sleep and woke up became more and more of a frequent happening as his fame grew and she's proud of him, she's happy for him and she will always support him and his wrestling, but it never gets any easier for either of them.

since the time her and kenny has been together, he's been her muse for the new novel she was working on and now that he's been gone for god knows how long (she actually does know, down to the hour but he, or anybody else for that matter, didn't need to know that) her inspiration bar was dwindling down by the minute, yet the deadline for chapter fourteen was only getting closer and closer. she has only gotten started on chapter ten. this once-upon-a-time hobby of hers was proving to be more of a difficult task than what she had originally expected.

a glass of red wine was filled to  the brim in her hand as she stared at the empty document on her laptop for about an hour now, her other hand roughly pulling at her hair with a few strings of profanities out of her mouth, the ponytail coming lose, a few strands coming to her face and obscured her view: another thing that didn't help with her annoyance.

rewriting and erasing another line she just couldn't get right, sunshine grew frustrated and emotional, gulping down half the wine glass' contents. she slammed the laptop shut, tucking it under her arm and marched to the bedroom, red wine still in her hand.

sunshine plopped the expensive glass on the bedside table as gently as she could given her frustrated state, turned on the smart tv there and sifted through all the material available until she finally saw what it was that she sought, new japan world. surely watching kenny's latest match will inspire her enough to be able to help her finish this chapter, surely.

her plan backfired and not even half the match in, she was met with tears and blurry eyes as she watched her boyfriend complete against tomohiro ishii. maybe she missed him more than what she originally thought.

every part of her longed for him.

his touch: the way his hands felt when he was kneading her flesh, the way his hands felt when he cupped her cheek, the way his body warmed hers when he would hug her.

his presence: his intoxicating aura when they were in the same room, the way that even if they have been together for such a long time, he still gave her butterflies when he would stare into her eyes, the way kenny could light up her entire day just by seeing him smile at her.

his sound: his raspy voice when he greeted her a good morning when they woke up in the same bed, his belly laugh when she told him a joke (that she honestly didn't was that good but hey if kenny liked it, she wasn't complaining), his yelling and cursing at the monitor when the video game he was playing didn't go his way.

anything. she would settle for anything right now, but she knew she wouldn't be able to get that until after a few more days.

she could feel her chest be engulfed by the passionate fire of longing as she huffed out another sob. reaching for the remote, she paused the match trying to keep her composure together, furiously wiping at her eyes as the tears continued to flow down. the void in her heart felt tight, like she was being suffocated and it ached even more. she could feel its rawness slashing through her chest and ripping at the bloodied edges, she pulled her knees to her chest to try and keep herself together, desperate to not let fragments of her get away because fragments of her, are also fragments of kenny.