those three words are said too much, they're not enough | kenny omega

pairing: kenny omega x fem!reader

prompt: #89 person a sitting in between person b's legs and having them braid their hair

genre: fluff

warning: none

word count: 3.7k

author's note: if i had to chose him or the sun, i'd be one nocturnal son of a gun~

♡•.●°.♡○.•●°♡.○●°.♡.○°.•♡°.•○°♡

the door that leads to the master bedroom was pushed gently, careful not to disturb the person sleeping peacefully inside, though they would be woken soon enough. and it was nudged shut by the toe of a slipper just as gently as before.

kenny set the tray on the bedside table for a while, then sat on his side of the bed. he proceeded to stroke your hair, his fingers digging into your scalp the way he knew you enjoyed. he trailed his large, warm hand to the side of your face cupping it and admiring your features relaxed in your slumber, but after he traced your cheekbones with his thumb, he tenderly pressed his lips against yours, lightly nibbling on your bottom lip as he did so.

"baby, time to wake up." he mumbled as he pulled away seeing that you were already conscious.

you only murmured something unintelligible in return, extending your arms and making grabby hands at him. he only chuckled and leaned down so you could hold him. he adored it whenever you were clingy like that. it made him feel wanted, important, valued.

he put his legs up onto the bed, getting into a position more appropriate and comfortable for the cuddling you wanted to happen.

you groaned sleepily, then snuggled your face into his neck, continuing to press your body into his warmth. one of your hands snaked up to the back of his neck and you played with the hair scattered there, twirling strands of curly hair on your finger and massaging the area.

kenny thoroughly enjoyed being able to feel your heartbeat against his chest because of how tightly you were against him. he was just so glad you were here with him. you changed his life for the better, and he genuinely doesn't know where he would be without you -- he hopes he would never have to know. he thinks of you as his guardian angel, in a way. you listen to his problems and give him advice if he asks for it, and if he doesn't, you just hold him and let him cry into your shoulder without judgement. you take care of him when he's sick and when he's feeling down, you make sure that nothing really bad happens to. you stay loyal to him even when he's miles away. you love him wholeheartedly and make sure he knows it. you're his rock and his anchor and his map - although he already looks at you like his treasure - all in one and you make him feel warm and tingly inside just with the way you look at him.

he's stunned with your beauty and strength and courage and something else he can't put into words, but so uniquely you. everyday he wakes up with the goal of being a better man, not only for himself, but also because that's what you deserve. you deserve the best and he'll be damned if he doesn't give it to you. he'd give you the sun, the moon, and every constellation in the sky if he could. he'd circle the entire solar system in twenty four hours if you'd ask that of him.

but he can't deny he's happy with the fact that as of right now, you were content with just having his arms wrapped around you and yours around him. he was more than happy to indulge you, if he was being honest with himself, because he was indulging himself in the process.

after a while of small, cheeky kisses being shared and sweet nothings being murmured, kenny placed a lingering kiss on your forehead. "good morning, baby."

at that point, you were awake enough to say it back to him, but you still let him know that in your opinion, it was way too early to wake up. you planned to spend at least until ten in the morning to just hold him while dreaming of the sweetest dreams, preferably having him in it, but you weren't always so lucky, and even then, you weren't always so lucky to remember them when you woke up.