meeting the gang | sammy guevara

meeting the gang

pairing: sammy guevara x reader

plot: reader, who has been sammy's partner for six months finally meets his partners in crime (in the ring). they do have one request though.

genre: general

warning: one swear word.

word count: 2.2k

author's note: my first request from wattpad :D ! thank you, and i hope y'all enjoy this.

the request asked that sammy doesn't know the reason why reader does not want to do something, but i thought it would be cuter and sweeter if he did even if the reader didn't directly tell him why. i hope that's okay!

♡°.•°♡•.°○.♡●°.°♡°•.°♡•°.•♡°.•♡

you met him through some of your mutual friends so the moment he asked you out and asked for your number, it was a no-brainer. of course you said yes. you believed that your friends would only hang out with the best of the best and thankfully, you weren't proven wrong by that logic.

you've been with sammy for about six months now, and they've been the best six months of your life. he was an amazing and supportive partner and friend, always tending and giving you attention while respecting the boundaries that you have set in the early stages of your relationship.

since being with him, you've learned quite a few things about the man, he was open and honest, completely unapologetically himself which is something you always yearned for in a partner. he never tried to conceal anything from you, he wanted you to commit yourself to the authentic sammy guevara, because if you didn't, and he made you fall for a version of himself that didn't exist, then what was the point of the relationship?

you learned some of more fun trivia things about him, such as his favorite food, the position he sleeps in, and his go-to movie whenever he's sad, as well as different experiences that he's had that molded him to the person he is today. they only made you fall in love with him more.

another thing you learned about him, something that was important and you found very interesting was the fact that he was a wrestler for all elite wrestling. sure, you've heard of wrestling before, who hasn't? you were even a fan of it back when you were still a child. and you've heard of aew as well, although new and less well known than other wrestling companies, they slowly started to seep into pop culture, namely because of snoop dogg's appearance, and the young bucks' thing for sneakers. you would also be lying if you said that you've never checked them out when you stumbled upon it while flicking through channels. funnily enough, sammy caught your eye one time when you were watching dynamite for a quick second. all of a sudden, him looking familiar when you first met him made sense.

slowly, he started to introduce you to his wrestling more and more, as per your request. he was passionate about it and being a good partner, you wanted to support him and that couldn't happen if you didn't have an idea about his career, couldn't it? he told you about his first few years in wrestling, who trained him and how it was like, his journey towards where he stands today. it was only a matter of time before he brought up the group he has joined since his early days in all elite wrestling: inner circle.

he gave you a quick run-down of each of his teammates. santana and ortiz, also known as proud and powerful. an established tag team even before they got signed to the fairly new company. they had chemistry like no other, and your boyfriend was very glad he got to stand with them on the same side of the ring, instead of going face-to-face with them. jake hager, has a mma background. has had a fairly long stint in wwe which meant he has a lot of useful knowledge about tv wrestling. and last, but in other people's list, not the least, chris jericho. the name that stands out the most out of all the members, and for good reason. wrestling legend. has had some memorable moments, and wrestling wouldn't be in this stage without him. aew wouldn't be on this stage without him either, since to an extent, they have relied on him to bring in new fans during the earlier days of the company, along with recognizable names like jon moxley.